What's new

Ken Rosenthal's Inside Dish

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
c/o tsn.com
Marlins catcher Ivan Rodriguez has dismissed agent Jeff Moorad and hired Scott Boras, a move that could result in him working harder to improve his oft-criticized game-calling skills.

Boras represents a stable of elite pitchers, and almost certainly will emphasize to Rodriguez that a catcher's work behind the plate consists of more than just throwing. Rodriguez, a potential free agent, faces an uncertain market because of his declining offensive numbers, a circumstance he needs to confront.

"Sometimes in our business the messenger gets shot," Moorad says, declining to elaborate. ...

The Marlins sure aren't acting like a team that is ready to concede. Before promoting third-base prospect Miguel Cabrera to play left field, they expressed interest in Padres outfielder Rondell White and free-agent outfielder Jeffrey Hammonds.

I dont get it........ Pudge has been calling great games as of late...but no one gives him props when we win....only when the pitcher's get shelled

JPierre75sbs

Muckdog
Reaction score
yea but his defense in all has sucked.. hes only caught 35% of would be basestealers.. so much for a cannon..

JPierre75sbs

Muckdog
Reaction score
This might be good news and Pudge is going to get serious about his offensive production. Bad news is that Boras is going to inflate his $ value out of marlins range for next year.. but that doesnt matter to the marlins much anyways since he might be naturally out of the price range for 2004.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pudge Rodriguez DOES NOT call the game! Josh Beckett was right when he said, "Only I call the game." Pudge just tries to find out what the pitcher wants to throw...

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
If any team pays Pudge close to 10 million this offseason they are stupid.

xdannyx25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pudge Rodriguez DOES NOT call the game! Josh Beckett was right when he said, "Only I call the game." Pudge just tries to find out what the pitcher wants to throw...
and thats why he sucked, for being hard headed, everytime he lost, he always said he threw to much breaking balls, or to many fastballs blah blah hes stubbern

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Oh No not Boras! I dont like this Agent...oh well it is true Pudge calls a great Game. Other People said we he came here that he has trouble with it but i dont think so....

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
and thats why he sucked, for being hard headed, everytime he lost, he always said he threw to much breaking balls, or to many fastballs blah blah hes stubbern
No, Brad is stubborn. He chooses nothing but the fastball, unless he is in a jam, which he wouldn't be in in the first place if he had just thrown the curve!

Josh has that 12-6 drop curve and he knows he needs to use it. He also knows he has an awesome four seemer and a pretty sick sinker. And I have heard his change-up is becoming a very good, effective pitch. If he can mix it up more and not just throw the same pitch three times in a row, than he will be the dominant Josh...

Top Bottom