What's new

Kenny Rogers "The Gambler" folding on first half of season.

Floridalion

Muckdog
Reaction score
LAKELAND, Fla. -- Tigers left-handed starter Kenny Rogers is expected to miss the first half of the season after he underwent surgery on his pitching shoulder Friday to remove a blood clot and repair arteries.

I still think the Tigers have enough arms to win their divison. :mischief2

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
wow, you people have great sensitivity.

Sounds like a great lucky occurance that they found this so early. Kenny should make a full recovery. Props to Kenny for letting the Tigers know something was wrong and for them all having the foresight to have it looked into further. Something potentially fatal turning out to be something that can be easily treated. Win, win.

Who cares about fantasy baseball?

Get well soon Kenny.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
injuries in professional sports are quite common. what am i supposed to do? make him a get well soon card?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
injuries in professional sports are quite common. what am i supposed to do? make him a get well soon card?

This isnt really a typical injury though.

This is a serious health issue.

Its one thing to have him blow out his arm. Its another thing to have a blood clot that is potentially fatal.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score

This isnt really a typical injury though.

This is a serious health issue.

Its one thing to have him blow out his arm. Its another thing to have a blood clot that is potentially fatal.
oh, hell. didn't see that.

that sucks.

Floridalion

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am totally sympathetic to what Kenny and his family have had to go through, don't get me wrong. Kenny is lucky he is a professional baseball player who is able to receive such great medical attention.

The great irony in all of this is that it was anyone else who knows how long it would take for him/her to receive proper medical care. Maybe the story would not have quite the same happy ending.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I am totally sympathetic to what Kenny and his family have had to go through, don't get me wrong. Kenny is lucky he is a professional baseball player who is able to receive such great medical attention.

The great irony in all of this is that it was anyone else who knows how long it would take for him/her to receive proper medical care. Maybe the story would not have quite the same happy ending.

you think only athletes get the top of the line medical care?

Floridalion

Muckdog
Reaction score

No, but it sure does not hurt.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score

jealous?

Floridalion

Muckdog
Reaction score

jealous?

Me personally, no not really. I have adequate health care coverage via a PPO provider. While you were crying for good ol' Kenny Rogers I was thinking of those who are not as fortunate. Say the 45 million plus Americans who do not have any form of health insurance whatsoever. Let's say the same situation developed for one of them...I guarantee they are not seen or operated on nearly as fast as next years guest speaker at the "National Sports Cameraman of the Year Awards."

Top Bottom