What's new

Kobe Bryant Requests Trade

futuremarlinsgm

Muckdog
Reaction score
According to ESPN, Kobe Bryant has requested a trade from the Lakers if they do not get Jerry West out of Memphis and back to LA. Very interesting! I wonder if the Heat would try to make a play for Kobe? It would have to be a trade developed around Dorrell Wright and some other contracts. What other teams could get involved? A report out of a Dallas newspaper this mornig suggested a Kobe for Dirk swap, but I don't see Dallas doing that. Thoughts?

JJ24

Muckdog
Reaction score
Shaq is no where near the player that Kobe is plus the only player the lakers would consider for Kobe is Dwade. I dont think that 3 teams combined have what it takes to get Kobe.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
Kobe for Wade... HELL TO THE NO

Let Kobe stay with the Lakers or cause drama on the West Coast, we can pickup another player instead.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
First of all, Kobe denied the report.

Secondly, there's no way the Heat would ever trade for him even IF they had the pieces to get him.

Now, I wouldn't be averse to helping another team get him if it means dumping Walker to help balance salary.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd trade Ben Gordon and Tyrus Thomas (+ picks) for Kobe.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
What if you had to give up Deng? Hard to imagine the Lakers dealing with the Bulls and not insisting on Deng.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
If the Bulls had Kobe, they would be playing in the ECF right now.

What if you had to give up Deng? Hard to imagine the Lakers dealing with the Bulls and not insisting on Deng.
No way you give up Deng.

I don't give up Hinrich either because of the lack of another option and I like his fit with the team.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Kobe needs to stay the hell away from the heat. It'll never happen anyway.

catchoftheday

Muckdog
Reaction score
That'd be nuts

you'd be nuts not to do it

the bulls would be marching to the finals if that was the case

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Exactly.

What doomed the Bulls early against the Pistons?

No consistent offense, something Kobe without a doubt provides and the things he would have opened up for Deng (no longer being guarded by Prince) would have been huge.

I like Ben Gordon, no problems with him, but I do wonder how far this team can go with him as their no. 2 scoring threat. He is a streaky shooter and below average creating his own shot.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree, Chicago is just one place (on a very short list) where I could see a potential deal going.

The Lakers are just between a rock and a hard place. Unless you can get Garnett or even Jermaine O'Neal you just can't trade Bynum. After him there really isn't much for their FO to play around with.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
First of all, Kobe denied the report.

Secondly, there's no way the Heat would ever trade for him even IF they had the pieces to get him.

Now, I wouldn't be averse to helping another team get him if it means dumping Walker to help balance salary.

Yes, yes, and yes...

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd trade Ben Gordon and Tyrus Thomas (+ picks) for Kobe.
No way that happens. It'd be Gordon, Deng, and picks. Lakers are going to lose Walton to free agency, and need a SF.

Although I'd love to see Tyrus in purple and gold. IF Kobe got traded, Odom would become the center of the offense. Why would the Lakers want another PF?

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Odom has played SF in the past, I don't know why in this hypothetical situation, he couldn't do it again.

Talent is talent.

If you got Ben Gordon, he would be attempting more shots than Odom. I'd bet on that.

Paxson would hang up on anyone asking for Deng not offering Duncan or Dirk.

I heard on the radio today saying that Nocioni would have to be a throw-in as well in this deal without Deng, which I would have no problem with.

Top Bottom