What's new

Kurkjian Rips Fish

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tim Kurkjian ripped the fish today saying that our managment had unrealistic expectations before the season started in stating that we could/should win 90 games. He said we are a young team who has no offense or power overall, and zero power from the left side of the plate. He also said that Torberg was fired because we had a young pitching staff that was too young to lead us to anything great and because he would not fire Arnsberg. So he basically was also in trouble when two pitchers went down, one of whom was covering an injury for a while.

Kurkjian also said that we are searching for a permanent manager and that no manager can make this team win.

Foggy Doggy

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tim Kurkjian ripped the fish today saying that our managment had unrealistic expectations before the season started in stating that we could/should win 90 games. He said we are a young team who has no offense or power overall, and zero power from the left side of the plate. He also said that Torberg was fired because we had a young pitching staff that was too young to lead us to anything great and because he would not fire Arnsberg. So he basically was also in trouble when two pitchers went down, one of whom was covering an injury for a while.

Kurkjian also said that we are searching for a permanent manager and that no manager can make this team win.
Sounds like a smart man....many of the things I said at the MLB.Marlins site and was blasted for before the season. The people there are soooooo blind.

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
I bet Kurkjan didnt predict the Royals would be where they are either, huh? Some of these analysts think more of themselves than perhaps they should. I think the Marlins should be in contention too, and if the teams actually listened to these anal-ysts, why would teams even play the games? I know the Angels, Twins, Royals, and even A's would have given up a long time ago if that were the case. The Marlins have the weapons, they just arent executing. Maybe we will see a miracle - we certainly need it.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
90 wins IS an unrealistic prediction for the Marlins. Even more so when your entire freaking staff is down.

Even worse, it's SUICIDE for a team owner to predict that. It's one thing for a fan to predict that, but what is he thinking? How do you think Jeff Torborg feels after hearing moronic statements like that?

"Well I think we've got a good team here. We have solid starting pitching, good defense, and I think we can get on base and our speed will allow us to score some runs."

"Hey Coach, Jeff Loria predicted 90 wins. Do you agree?"

"What??" grumble....sonofa...."uh, well I think we could surprise some people, if our hitting comes around and the pitchers mature like we think they will, we can compete with anyone." grumble...stupid owner.....

Top Bottom