What's new

Lee Gardner optioned to AAA

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
big ups to salmonsteelhead for posting the following:

Immediately after the game, the Marlins announced Gardner was optioned to Triple-A Albuquerque. On Friday, reliever Taylor Tankersley will be activated off the disabled list.

heh, who knew he had options left?...

anyway, there's our answer

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's unexpected. I felt that besides Julio, Lindstrom was the guy Fredi had the least confindence in.

Tough break for Lee after that huge save but it's a numbers game and unfortunately Julio gets to continue wasting a spot. He'll be back probably.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thanks Gardner, you definitely provided what has so far been the most exciting individual performance for the Marlins this season. I hope you're back soon. That really sucks for Gardner.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
In this case, I think it hurt Lee that he had options remaining. Oh well, he'll be the first bullpen arm up when one of them gets hurt.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
WTF??????????? Send the fat piece of sh*t that can't close games down! :banghead

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's unexpected. I felt that besides Julio, Lindstrom was the guy Fredi had the least confindence in.
I don't know why because Lindstrom has been outstanding everytime he has been brought in to pitch

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Up yours Beinfest.

Grow some nuts.

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know why because Lindstrom has been outstanding everytime he has been brought in to pitch
I agree, but he's not used late in games as often as the other guys. He could have started the first game today which would have made sense considering there was a limited amount of arms left, but instead he went with Owens.

It's really unfair. Gardner pitches lights out all Spring to make the team and then carries it into the season and saves the team a few days ago. His thanks? A demotion so that Julio can stay in the bullpen when he's done nothing to earn that spot. So unfair to Lee Gardner. I feel really bad for him.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
So he did have options left. Cool. This move makes the most sense right now.

Juanky

I don't know why because Lindstrom has been outstanding everytime he has been brought in to pitchI agree, but he's not used late in games as often as the other guys. He could have started the first game today which would have made sense considering there was a limited amount of arms left, but instead he went with Owens.I have a feeling that was because Lindstrom was being saved for the backend of the game. Using him in the first game would have ended his day.

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Julio moves sucks big ones. Not only is he hurting the team by not peforming, but he's also taking up a spot that could be being use by a guy that's being lights out.

salmonsteelhead

Muckdog
Reaction score

It just may be a paper transaction.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

It just may be a paper transaction.
what do you mean?

EricWiener

Muckdog
Reaction score
He had options, Hurk needs to stay 10 days, and likely at least one more start anyhow. It is a question of roster slots and player ownership. Julio cannot be sent down because of waivers.

Top Bottom