What's new

Liberty City Marlins

playattheplate

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think a splendid location for our Florida Marlins, would be Liberty City or Winwood area! Any place actually, is much better than the prospect of losing our ballclub!

playattheplate

Muckdog
Reaction score
why not overtown or little haiti

I think that would be Spetacular! Angthing to keep them here! I know that personaly, i would attend a lot more games!

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just make sure it's in Miami city limits.

playattheplate

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wheres Liberty City? Heard folks mention it before.

I believe it's a rather new developement in Dade. Typical Walgreens every ten feet, and Bath y Body Works... People walking pets.

We're all exiting the slums up north to get down there! 'Least i am! I'm looking at sweet abode off 183 & 441. The Miami Gardens Villas. I'm workin' my way back down!

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
I thought Liberty City was a high crime area.

it is, just like overtown.

playattheplate

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey! Crime is Everywhere! Burglerized twice in Peckerwood Pines! Grandma was mugged and dragged by a car hanging on to her purse strap! Before she knew what hit her, she was laying in the parking lot of Pubics i mean Publix, in Hollywood!

Whatever keeps the team here man! That's Muy Importante!

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey! Crime is Everywhere! Burglerized twice in Peckerwood Pines! Grandma was mugged and dragged by a car hanging on to her purse strap! Before she knew what hit her, she was laying in the parking lot of Pubics i mean Publix, in Hollywood!

Whatever keeps the team here man! That's Muy Importante!

If the ballpark was in Liberty City Josh Willingham would get robbed every other game while his back is turned and his attention is towards head plate. The players would have to start carrying guns on them and wear bullet proof vests.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey! Crime is Everywhere!
You lie, there is no crime in Coral Springs!

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey! Crime is Everywhere!
You lie, there is no crime in Coral Springs!

Or Boca Raton...except maybe accounting fraud.

Reaction score
If the ballpark was in Liberty City Josh Willingham would get robbed every other game while his back is turned and his attention is towards head plate. The players would have to start carrying guns on them and wear bullet proof vests.

Like the Mets/Yankees?

:whistle

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Laugh, but I always that the single best downtown location from a development standpoint is no man's land three blocks west of the PAC and bordering the northern side of 395. At night especially it has to remind one of "Escape from New York" (sorry SoFlaFish, no Adrienne Barbeau). And yet at the same time, there's an infrastructure in place and enough developable real estate to really change the face of the city, creating thousands upon thousands of meaningful pre and post construction/development jobs.

Besides, we'd never have to see another soul from Broward or PBC again because if they won't go downtown, they sure as heck ain't going there. :brigginbounce

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like how so many of my fellow Browardteers believe there are people just standing around with guns/knives for the sole purpose of waiting to kill any white person that ventures too deep into the city of Miami.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
As a Broward resident I have no problem with going to Dade from any racist point of view. What bothers me is the extra drive, and more importantly the sketchy parking situation. Liberty City would be fine by me as long as parking is readily available. Sure, there are some racists in both Broward and Dade county, but I think my position is the one that speaks to the more general consensus. Cut it out with this county v. county racist talk. It's pandering to a small minority.

Top Bottom