What's new

Lily Allen

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am in love with her, thanks to "Smile". Boy is that song is great, and she's a looker.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
A great pop album.

I like it a lot.

I like her personality too she called out a lot of studio generated pop 'stars' a while back. Props.

Ashley

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like some of her stuff.
I love "Smile."

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was gonna go to her show tomorrow in Ft. Lauderdale, but it surprisingly sold out, so that was that. It's a breezy, fun album.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Looks like a ticket has popped up, so I guess I am going. Go me, I guess.

Busy as hell music week down here with the Winter Music Conference and the Ultra Music Festival and all that jazz.

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
My g/f wanted to see her yesterday in Atl. but didn't go because she was sick. She's coming back tonight at around 10pm...too late to go see her here in Ft. Lauderdale...maybe she extends her trip with a night in Miami tomorrow? One can only hope...

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, that one song of hers makes me want to eat a bullet.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like her album plenty, but I have to say the songs sound a lot better live. I wasn't really aware of the difference until after the show when I got back in my car and listened to the CD. Something about the album feels very confined to the studio, especially the drumming, which sounds canned to me, but performed live, the songs have much more room to breathe. It was a very good show. And probably the most enthusiastic crowd I've seen in South Florida. She said it was the best crowd she's had in America, though maybe she says that everywhere. Either way, I had no idea she was that popular, or that her fanbase was that crazy about her.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pretty much all of Alright, Still, plus Nan You're A Window Shopper, which I don't think is technically on that album. She did an acoustic cover of Keane's Everybody's Changing, which then segued into something I wasn't familiar with, but I'm pretty sure it was "Naive" by the Kooks (whoever that is).

And the first song of her encore was a cover of Blondie's "Heart of Glass", which was excellent.

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
That sounds awesome, especially "Heart of Glass".

METSrosexual

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've heard a couple of her songs and I'm kind of embarassed to say that I liked them. A lot. Considering buying her CD. Thats how bad. Oh God, what am I doing...

Top Bottom