What's new

Lineup 5/20

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
Reggie was playing well, why mess with something that was working? Plus I like having Amezaga on the bench so he can serve that utility role. Oh well, it'll be interesting to see how Linden does.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Meh, I don't like it. Uggla and Hermida should be swapped and there's no reason to take Reggie off the top when he's doing so well.

I'm hoping for a pitchers duel today. Mitre vs. Shields, should be exciting.

LordMagnus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why do people insist Hermida bats second? He seems to be doing fine where he is, plus he can get more RBI there.

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why do people insist Hermida bats second? He seems to be doing fine where he is, plus he can get more RBI there.
He's an OBP machine, and Uggla is an extra base hit machine and would get more RBI opportunities in the 5th or 6th hole.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
You need a guy who can get on base batting 2nd, and Uggla hasn't been an OBP guy.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Amezaga CF
God damn it, Fredi.
Tell me about it...Fredi has a mancrush on Amezaga!

IrishHarrington

Muckdog
Reaction score
Reggie was playing well, why mess with something that was working? Plus I like having Amezaga on the bench so he can serve that utility role. Oh well, it'll be interesting to see how Linden does.

i thought the same exact thing and amezaga played like crap offensively and defensively when reggie is playing well you have to go with him because it maybe only a matter of time before he reverts back to 2006 form , although that said he really looks to have improved

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well the only thing I could think of is Shields is NASTY. Reggie is pretty much a free swinger (He is doing better but he still can't lay off those pitches). Shiels + Reggie = Not good. But, Fredo didnt do much yesterday so whatever...

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score

i thought the same exact thing and amezaga played like crap offensively and defensively when reggie is playing well you have to go with him because it maybe only a matter of time before he reverts back to 2006 form , although that said he really looks to have improved

Defensively, Reggie will be miles ahead of Amezaga no matter how he hits. But he is actually capable of being a decent leadoff hitter if he can find a way to get on base.

Top Bottom