Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No. 9 in D minor "Choral"
Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No. 5 in C minor
Ludiwg van Beethoven - Piano Concerto No. 5 "Emperor"
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Symphony No. 41 in C major "Jupiter"
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Symphony No. 40 in G minor
Richard Brahms - Symphony No. 4
John Sebastian Bach - St. Matthew's Passion
Giuseppe Verdi - Aida

If anyone can recommend any to me, I'd be greatly appreciative. An Amazon link would be even more appreciated.

I don't like Sergiu Celibidache, so if anyone was going to recommend him, I'm saving your fingers from recommending him to me.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I'd suggest chasing down some CSO recordings, at least of the Beethoven works. I'm sure they've recorded those symphonies at some point, and well, it's the CSO! I can't help you too much as far as recordings, I'd suggest just searching on Amazon and reading the reviews. Those are generally pretty spot on, they WILL say if it's a sh*tty recording.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wow, an actual legitimate response.

Thank you sir. :thumbup

Nny

Muckdog
Reaction score
Kinda a hijack but I don't want to make a new thread for this and it deals with need a good quality version of a classical work.

I'm looking for a piano version of the song Lux Aeterna (The main song from Requiem for a Dream, which is string). Piano's far and away my favorite instrument, and I heard a version of Lux Aeterna played on it on Youtube and was floored. Unfortunately, all the ones on youtube are really bad quality.

The thing is, I don't even know where to start looking for a high quality version. But if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Top Bottom