What's new

"Loria can't stand [Ozuna]"

Entendu

Basic Brian
Reaction score
We always trade from a position of strength.

Vince0926

I can't stand Dunn hand Ramos cosart Mathis and solano. So...

I think it's dumb to trade a player because the owner doesn't like him, but I don't think Ozuna is anything special anyway. I can also understand why Loria doesn't like him.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Even with Loria being Loria I can't see why its a personal problem with Ozuna. This is why Loria is so messed up. A problem with Boras is one thing and understandable but what has Ozuna done outside of that one time where he said he was imprisoned in New Orleans? I mean, from all accounts Ozuna is a likeable person so what the hell Loria?

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Source: no one can stand Loria.

hovertical

LumberKing
Reaction score
this is a cutting-edge leverage tactic for upcoming trades.  don't speak about what you don't understand!

Entendu

Basic Brian
Reaction score
this is a cutting-edge leverage tactic for upcoming trades.  don't speak about what you don't understand!
Us fans just don't understand the business. I wish I was as good at owning a sports team as Loria is

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Multiple teams have approached the #Marlins about Marcell Ozuna. They're being told Miami wants a young starter in return.

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) [/COLOR]November 20, 2015

I'm glad this is still a thing... They better maintain that stance of getting a young starter back.

BafflingBeerman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Even with Loria being Loria I can't see why its a personal problem with Ozuna. This is why Loria is so messed up. A problem with Boras is one thing and understandable but what has Ozuna done outside of that one time where he said he was imprisoned in New Orleans? I mean, from all accounts Ozuna is a likeable person so what the hell Loria?
Didn't Ozuna come into Spring Training overweight/out-of-shape and sort of shrugged it off? I can see that, coupled with his New Orleans statements, making the FO think that Ozuna's a me-first type of player (rightly or wrongly). And you can still be likable and still anger management if your work ethic isn't living up to their expectations.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Didn't Ozuna come into Spring Training overweight/out-of-shape and sort of shrugged it off? I can see that, coupled with his New Orleans statements, making the FO think that Ozuna's a me-first type of player (rightly or wrongly). And you can still be likable and still anger management if your work ethic isn't living up to their expectations.
Well yes but I bet if Ozuna suddenly belted 40 homers Loria could definitely "stand him."

BafflingBeerman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well yes but I bet if Ozuna suddenly belted 40 homers Loria could definitely "stand him."
True. But everyone does that. If Bryce Harper didn't put up MVP-numbers, you think the Nationals would put up with his clown comments?

One of the sad facts of sports is that if you are troublemaker, but put up great numbers, management is willing to look the other way. If you cause a ruckus or mouth off and don't perform well, you are out the door ASAP.

Top Bottom