What's new

Lost in all this is Scott Olsen.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
We have to give Scotty some props today. He looked hideous today in the first inning but he found a way to give us a good 5 innings. I honestly thought this was going to be a blow out but Scotty bared down and kept the Phillies to three runs. It was nice to see him "make do" with the stuff he had today. Can't forget the suicide squeeze. Props to Ollie :thumbup . 2-0 baby!!!

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
You forgot to mention to suicide squeeze. :thumbup
That's what I forgot.. *edits thread.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nice to see Olsen rebounding and getting the job done with the squeeze

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
He wasn't great today by any means. Control struggled all day long especially in that first inning. Got good run support and helped himself with the squeeze, though. So he did his job.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
He wasn't great today by any means. Control struggled all day long especially in that first inning. Got good run support and helped himself with the squeeze, though. So he did his job.
I think the fact that he didn't do well and still gave a quality start and got the win is huge. If he can pitch that well when he's horrible, Olsen is going to be something very special.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think the fact that he didn't do well and still gave a quality start and got the win is huge. If he can pitch that well when he's horrible, Olsen is going to be something very special.

no quality start for him today, but he did enough to keep us on the game :thumbup

FishFanInPA

I don't like him......his attitude sucks and he skirts way too close to danger way too often....he's AJ who everyone seems to give a pass to.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
You can tell a lot about a pitcher who pitches well after a bad first inning

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score

You have to go at least 6 to get a QS...

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think he deserves any credit today other than for putting down the squeeze.
He could have totally blew up and let the Phillies crush him but he kept them at 3 runs through 5 innings.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think he deserves any credit today other than for putting down the squeeze.

I'm not going to congratulate him for anything, but he certainly minimized what could have been a horrific 1st inning and he did manage to scuttle through 5 innings, that takes some load off our already seemingly overused pen.

Then again, I too am of the mindset that with a starting pitcher only playing once every 5 days, he needs to be consistently good to have true value, that "battling" when you don't have your "best stuff" is a lame excuse.

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm betting most people would have thought he had a good start if he had given up thsoe runs in the 5th and not the 1st. Myself, I think the way he battled was very impressive. How many young pitchers wouldn't have gone the other 4 after that first inning?

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
And no, he really didn't make it any easier on the rested state of the bullpen arms considering the Marlins used 6 of them this afternoon.
Like that was Olsen's fault? Pinto and Julio stunk. We should have only used Gregg, Pinto, Owens and ______.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
3 ER in 5 innings equals a crappy start.
if you just look at it like that, yeah.

he did sh*tty (not too sh*tty that it cost us the game, though), in the first inning but rebounded and then kicked ass the next 4 innings.

that's a good thing.

Jimmy42Jack0

Muckdog
Reaction score

I'm not going to congratulate him for anything, but he certainly minimized what could have been a horrific 1st inning and he did manage to scuttle through 5 innings, that takes some load off our already seemingly overused pen.

Then again, I too am of the mindset that with a starting pitcher only playing once every 5 days, he needs to be consistently good to have true value, that "battling" when you don't have your "best stuff" is a lame excuse.
you didnt pitch much did ya?

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
3 ER in 5 innings equals a crappy start.
if you just look at it like that, yeah.

he did sh*tty (not too sh*tty that it cost us the game, though), in the first inning but rebounded and then kicked ass the next 4 innings.

that's a good thing.
He could have been worse so I guess he could get some credit for not giving up the lead after we took it but I don't understand how anyone can say he had a good game.

Top Bottom