What's new

Louisville's Brohm to return for senior season

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score
LOUISVILLE, Ky. ? (AP) ? Louisville quarterback Brian Brohm will return to the Cardinals next season rather than enter the NFL draft, he announced Monday.

"I feel like there's still some things we can do here at the University of Louisville,'' Brohm said Monday morning. He said he made the final decision Saturday night.

Brohm threw for 3,049 yards and 16 touchdowns for the Cardinals in 2006 while helping Louisville to a 12-1 record, a Big East title and a win in the Orange Bowl. Louisville finished sixth in the final Associated Press poll, tied for the highest final ranking in school history.

Brohm's decision caps a tumultuous week for one of the nation's hottest programs. Coach Bobby Petrino resigned eight days ago to become the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons and running back Michael Bush opted to enter the NFL Draft rather than accept a medical redshirt.

New coach Steve Kragthorpe met with Brohm several times since accepting the job on Tuesday afternoon in an attempt to get Brohm to remain at the hometown school he help put on the map.

Brohm said after Louisville's regular-season finale last month that he "expected'' to return, but wavered in the days leading up to the Orange Bowl. He called the idea of coming back next fall "appealing'' after throwing for 311 yards in Louisville's 24-13 win over Wake Forest, but said he'd weigh all the factors before making a final decision.

Brohm had been projected as a first-round pick by some draft experts who thought his 6-foot-4, 226-pound frame and accurate right arm will translate easily into the NFL. Brohm has thrown for 6,751 yards and 41 touchdowns in three season. Both marks are fourth on the school's all-time list.

Kind of surprising of a move by Brohm best of luck to him

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
not very happy with this move and I think it is pretty crazy of him s he was going to be a 1st rounder and perhaps a top 10 pick

El Guapo

Muckdog
Reaction score
WoW.... i really thought he was ready to leave, he would have been taken early first round for sure......

BullDurham

Muckdog
Reaction score
He probably wants three things:
1. A Heisman trophy
2. A mythical national championship
3. The first pick overall

Of the three, I'd say #3 is the biggest reason.

FishFanInPA

I guess Petrino will have to hold onto Vick for one more year before Brohm.

Top Bottom