What's new

Lowell needs to b here for the long run....

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mike Lowell who projected salary for next year is not all that high and he should stay in a Marlins uniform.I hope they are not stupid enough to keep Lee and pay him instead of keeping Lowell.I would like to see if Cabrerra can play LF or go back to SS.

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Minus, I couldn't agree with you more - I had similar thoughts last evening. To me - Lowell truly epitomizes what a Marlin player should be - he is a model citizen who gives his all on every play.

I think the Marlins should do everything in their power to sign him to a long term deal. He should remain a cornerstone for the franchise for years to come.

I would go as far as naming him "Captain" of the team.

If Lowell leaves it will be a sad day for Marlin fans everywhere.

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wonder if the Marlins will be able to afford re-signing Lowell. The other thing is, Vlad Guerrero is considered a target this offseason for the Marlins and if they sign him and not Lowell, I wonder how the fans would react.

The other thing is you can get something for Lowell, but you cant get as much for Lee. Lee is certainly more easily replaced (you need the defense at 1B though - the last couple WS winners have all had some of the best defensive 1B) but Adrian Gonzalez is struggling and Stokes is starting to look like a one-year wonder. Free agency may help replace Lee, but certainly Lowell is making a move to get the big paycheck and also making teams consider if he may be better than Rolen (well, at least I hope so...). I too hope Lowell sticks around, but that may not happen.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think you guys are fooling yourself about Guerrero coming here.

I had heard that Lowell and Lee both could command in the 6-7 million range. If Lowell keeps up this kind of pace, he'd still be worth it.

I wonder if Cabrera could play the outfield at all. If he used to be a shortstop he must have fairly decent defensive instincts...

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Marlins really should keep him for a long time. He has producted alot for us in the past years. He is leading our club in HR's and has a very good Avg. and the second best 3rd baseman. We should give him a 4 year contract, the same with Castillo. I Hope Mikeee keeps on hitting like he is right now because he is seeing beach balls out there. I think he will go to the all star game this yer as well....

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
If they really make a serious run at Vlad than I wouldn't mind seeing Lowell traded but I'm not sure the Marlins have the funds to go after Vlad.Vlad is really a free agent?I ddin't see him on the FA list for upcoming year.

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would have to double check, but I believe Vlad is a free agent after this season. There is expected to be a lot of competition for him, but he is apparently not a big city guy and would like to go somewhere with a Latin base - Miami is definetly a prime spot for him. Consider also that he does know (and apparently likes) some of the people in our organization when they were with the Expos. Pudge is done after this season, even though his money will still be on the books for 2 years (I think 3MM per). Lee wont be re-signed I think given we can look elsewhere for a 1B from free agency to farm system. Castillo? I am not sure if we will re-sign him and having Hooper play 2B and being able to keep Lowell and even add Vlad and possibly maybe keep Pudge - that sounds pretty good to me. But we have so many contracts to work out after this season, it is hard to tell what is going to happen - it depends on what the attendance does which depends on what the team does. whew! :rock :chair

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Lowell is in many ways the defacto captain of this team.

That occured when he changed numbers to #19.

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lowell is in many ways the defacto captain of this team.

That occured when he changed numbers to #19.
I'm not sure I follow you. At the risk of sounding foolish - what is the significance of wearing #19?

:mischief2

Latest posts

Top Bottom