What's new

Lowell would Love to be dealt to the Yanks

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
The yankees are looking for a 3rd baseman after this season and Lowell is there best guy to o with. The Marlins Said they will trade Lowell in the Offseason....

Lowell would love return to Yankees

By SAM BORDEN
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

MIAMI - Mike Lowell has imagined playing for just about every team in the majors - it's hard not to, since he's been rumored to be going to most of them - but the idea of putting Yankee pinstripes back on is particularly intriguing.
"I could definitely handle playing there," said Lowell, who played in eight games for the Yanks in 1998 before being dealt to Florida. "It's a great city. It's pretty obvious how much they want to win there. It would be a great place to play."

It's generally accepted that the cash-strapped Marlins are going to deal their talented third baseman, and the Bronx could be a prime destination, particularly if Florida waits until the season is over to move Lowell.

Once Robin Ventura's contract expires at the end of the season, the Bombers will be in the market for a third baseman, and Lowell (.294, 21 HR, 57 RBI) might be the most attractive option.

Of course, playing for George Steinbrenner is a lot different than playing for anybody else.

"I talked to (Lowell) the other day and he said it's tough dealing with (the constant rumors),"said Cliff Floyd, Lowell's former teammate in Florida. "But wherever he lands he'll do fine. Could he handle New York? No doubt. He can play anywhere."

Link

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
where does it say that Lowell will be gone in the offseason?

Lowell will not be a Yankee... unless George gives us $10mil cash + Claussen

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
where does it say that Lowell will be gone in the offseason?

Lowell will not be a Yankee... unless George gives us $10mil cash + Claussen
Oh I misread it said that the Yanks hope that we wait untill the Off-Season....

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why does everyone think Lowell will be dealt like Martha Stewart's stocks? The Fish are playing good, as long as they play good, they will be kept together. Admin will only make a move if he sees an opportunity to make the team better than it is. Clement/Alfonseca for Willis & Co. was an example. Clement and Alfonseca were dead ends, Willis obviously isn't.

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
wow , u people stop with this rumor every team is making rumors plz stop posting nonsence he will not be traded if we get rid of Lee , Castillo , Penny he will re-sign for a lil less $$

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
This is not nonsense, it is an article from a respected newspaper, not some person making up a rumor. Dont tell people which articles they can post, dont read it if you dont want to. Everyobdy has the right to their own opinion, you dont know for a fact if he will or wont be traded.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thanks Ross, Well said. Dont read it of you dont like it. I am Informing people that these teams want him.

MasterChief

Muckdog
Reaction score
Is Lowell a FA at the end of the Season or is he arbitration eligible next year?

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Is Lowell a FA at the end of the Season or is he arbitration eligible next year?
I Believe Mike is elegible for abritation and Luis is a FA....

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I Believe Mike is elegible for abritation and Luis is a FA.... correct

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
If he goes to the Yanks they better give some cash and that 3b that they have in the minors(forgot his name but he also plays football).

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Steinbrenner gave up on Lowell once, we are not his farm system. He can keep his money and prospect because we will make a good run this year!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
If he goes to the Yanks they better give some cash and that 3b that they have in the minors(forgot his name but he also plays football).
you mean Drew Henson... he is hitting .223

he should go play some football...

no thanks on Henson

Top Bottom