What's new

Manager suggestion please?

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
Here's mine Davey Lopes former Brewers manager. The guy didn't get a fair shake up there. That's my vote

thoughts????

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
Also I'd keep Perry Hill, Ozzie, Bill Robinson, Arine? I don't know 50/50 but TORBORG DEFINITELY OUTHERE!!!

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bobby Valentine -

* has first hand-knowledge of the National League (NL East in particular).

* has won the NL pennant in the last five years.

* knows how other teams view & approach the Marlins.

* will add fire & competiveness (ala Admin Bowa).

* is a bit of an a**hole (ala Jim Leyland).

This team has been coddled for too long (Boles, Perez & Torborg). It's time to shake things up.

:mischief2

I hated him as the Mets manager and I'm not too fond of him on baseball tonight...but I think he would make a difference.

Can't be worse than Torborg.

Marlins4lyf

Muckdog
Reaction score
Y the FU&* did torberg pull Beckett ? he was pitching good ! FIRE THAT NERD ! he stupid he knows nothin about baseball ! i say we get Bobby V in here and i bet the Marlins start winning ! i dont understand Torberg idiot a** pulls every starter in th 5th or 6th in when they doing good and when they pitching horriable he leaves them .

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score
I'd like to apply for the job...

I'll light a humongous match under this team...If a player has a hot bat I stay with him (and not give him a day off the next day as I see after the team scores over 10+ runs the night before...)..If a pitcher is doing great, I leave him in until either he gets in trouble late in the game or he looks tired..If a reliever is struggling, he will only see playing time when there is a good cushion of a lead and even then, the first sign of screw-ups, he's out...

my Leyland one-heartbeat speech to the team: "I'm not here to make friends boys and girls, I'm here to win ballgames..If you are not here to play 110%, if you are not here to win, or you question the team's ability to win, then get the hell out now...If there is a lack of passion in your play, you'll find yourself in AAA or the waiver wire...I'm putting the best out on the field, I expect the best performance in return...Now let's shut up the Miami press and kick some NL a**!!!!!!"

:w00t :w00t :w00t

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score
CHEWBACCA FOR MANAGER!!!!!!!

The Marlins would have to win every game under him...

...cause it ain't wise to upset a Wookie....

:mischief

SlapHands69

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like Davey Johnson or Darren Daulton but I heard Daulton does not want to coach anymore.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
I say Bobby Valentine also. Hehas good baseball knowlege and is a fair coach at coaching. The problem is he gets into to many fights with the Umps. so we need a good bench coach also....I just hope we get rid of Torborg. I know Loria wants to fire him so badly from up ther in his booth!

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Some of you seem to like Bowa and he could be available if The Phils don't make The Playoffs. Of course Bowa could go 20 and 61 after The Break and still want Bowa in Philly

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Some of you seem to like Bowa and he could be available if The Phils don't make The Playoffs. Of course Bowa could go 20 and 61 after The Break and still want Bowa in Philly
IMO Bowa is a good manager...

eadearmas

Muckdog
Reaction score
Anybody but that piece of "you know what" of Bobby Valentine. Maybe the Boss gets unhappy with Joe Torre and fires him... :rolleyes: yeah, I know... keep dreaming

Reaction score
Also I'd keep Perry Hill, Ozzie, Bill Robinson, Arine? I don't know 50/50 but TORBORG DEFINITELY OUTHERE!!!
[snapback]29998[/snapback]

:plain

(bumps from the past are apparently in style lately)

SlapHands69

Muckdog
Reaction score
Davey Johnson! :plain

Lets do the scoobey doo ending!

Delu Delu Delu Delu

Look its Daren Daulton from Clearwater! :plain

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Another ridiculous topic. McKeon is managing the same as he did in 2003. Nobody complained then. It's the players that have to produce.
.I would like to bring in BOLES for an extra set of eyes. He can help out Dunlop.

Stag5

Muckdog
Reaction score
Kevin Kennedy. The guy has been a winner and always well respected by his players. He also takes no crap. I'd also talk Bucky Dent a manager that will demand fundementals be a part of the game.

Top Bottom