VIP
Writer
Reaction score

Just a one year deal is interesting.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
Smart move on his part if no big offers were out there for him, put up big numbers and try again next off-season

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
This offseason's QO was 17.8m. It was confirmed most of teams didn't want to lose the draft pick for adding Ozuna.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
This offseason's QO was 17.8m. It was confirmed most of teams didn't want to lose the draft pick for adding Ozuna.
Ozuna did great then. Avoided losing half a season due to pick attached and actually makes more money than a QO accept.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
No qualifying offer next year for him.

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
I bet Ozuna will leave Atlanta near the trade deadline.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
They should be in the playoff race though
I was going to make a joke about the Braves going on a road trip at that time but gosh dang it they have a seven game homestand right through the deadline.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Allows the door to be pushed wide open by Dylan Carlson in St. Louis.

Go seize that job!

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Mish arguing with fans on Twitter that Ozuna never really wanted to go back to St Louis as much as he said. That it was only a negotiating tactic.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Mish arguing with fans on Twitter that Ozuna never really wanted to go back to St Louis as much as he said. That it was only a negotiating tactic.
Ozuna 100% wanted to return to St. Louis. He hired the same group that represents Yadi....

The Cardinals really were not overly enamored enough to bring him back, for the QO sure. But not really anything beyond that, especially after comments DeWitt made about payroll.

Ozuna doesnt offer enough to push the payroll needle enough.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Ozuna 100% wanted to return to St. Louis. He hired the same group that represents Yadi....

The Cardinals really were not overly enamored enough to bring him back, for the QO sure. But not really anything beyond that, especially after comments DeWitt made about payroll.

Ozuna doesnt offer enough to push the payroll needle enough.
Just repeating what Mish said... his take is that Ozuna wanted a multi year offer and when St Louis wouldn't give him that he was happy to go elsewhere.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Just repeating what Mish said... his take is that Ozuna wanted a multi year offer and when St Louis wouldn't give him that he was happy to go elsewhere.
Well no shit. Fans are generally idiots.

Ozuna tried to get the Cardinals to sign him to an extension last year multiple times.

He even tried into the winter. Cardinals were interested but only at their prices. Its not like Ozuna has ripped the cover off baseballs and produced real stats the last couple of years as it is. Factor in his not good defense and worse arm...

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Well no shit. Fans are generally idiots.

Ozuna tried to get the Cardinals to sign him to an extension last year multiple times.

He even tried into the winter. Cardinals were interested but only at their prices. Its not like Ozuna has ripped the cover off baseballs and produced real stats the last couple of years as it is. Factor in his not good defense and worse arm...
Right I get all that... but people were telling Mish that Ozuna was desperate to stay in STL and Mish is saying no, it was an option for him but he was also cool with going elsewhere, and people kept arguing with Mish even thought Ozuna clearly just left STL.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Right I get all that... but people were telling Mish that Ozuna was desperate to stay in STL and Mish is saying no, it was an option for him but he was also cool with going elsewhere, and people kept arguing with Mish even thought Ozuna clearly just left STL.
Mish is a trouble maker also.

Ozuna's number 1 was to stay in St. Louis exhibited time and time again. It was really only after the Cardinals seriously showed little interest in his services did he start to look at other places, because well... You need a place to play and make that coin!

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
Mish is a trouble maker also.

Ozuna's number 1 was to stay in St. Louis exhibited time and time again. It was really only after the Cardinals seriously showed little interest in his services did he start to look at other places, because well... You need a place to play and make that coin!
If anybody is a trouble maker, it’s you.

Maybe Ozuna didn’t want to play for a team you were a fan of anymore.

Top Bottom