What's new

Mark Redman

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mark is coming back the 1st week of June from the Broken thumb injury he has. I Hope he is back how he was before he was pitching. He has throwing the ball awesome and all his pitches were working fo him.

Alex has a wrist injury and has sat down the 2 games of ther Giants series i hope he doesnt go on the DL.

Notes: June for Redman
Gonzalez takes another day off
By Joe Frisaro / MLB.com

MIAMI -- If all goes well, the Marlins are hopeful left-handed pitcher Mark Redman can come off the disabled list either late May or the first week of June.
The earliest Redman could return is May 29.

Marlins manager Jeff Torborg said that could be pushing it. More realistically he'll be back the first week of June.

Redman was placed on the 15-day disabled list May 3, retroactive to April 30, because of a broken left thumb. He was injured when he was struck by a pitch while trying to bunt.

Torborg, who had a broken finger when he was a player, said it takes about three weeks for the bone to heal. Since it is the thumb on his throwing hand, Redman will not attempt a pitch for another two weeks.

He is going through exercises to simulate the arm motion, but it isn't the same thing as actually throwing. Once he is able to throw, it will take about a week to get his arm ready.

Until Redman is healthy, Michael Tejera will remain in the starting rotation.

Gonzalez sits again: For the second straight game, shortstop Alex Gonzalez did not play.

Bothered by a right hand injury, Gonzalez is listed as day to day. He could take batting practice Thursday and may be ready to play.

"He says it doesn't hurt him to throw, but it hurts to hit," Torborg said.

Torborg suspects Gonzalez tweaked the hand Sunday in Houston when he swung awkwardly

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Somebody needs to tell Sea Bass that when you "tweak" your hand you need to play. There is a difference between being injured and playing with some pain. I guarantee that the great SS's - Nomar, Jeter, Ripken, etc. would be playing!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I never thought I'd say this but:

this lineup needs him right now....

Top Bottom