What's new

Marlins All Time Team

MinneMarlin

Muckdog
Reaction score
Rob Neyer's List via ESPN

mainly with the pitching ... i don't like alex fernandez on there .. he did little with the team and killed them with his contract and attitude .... i'd rather have a charlie hough or livan hernandez .. they are more marlins to me ... even a guy like burnett over him ... can't argue with nen to close

i also would of liked to see conine switched to first and floyd put in the OF

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
mainly with the pitching ... i don't like alex fernandez on there .. he did little with the team and killed them with his contract and attitude .... i'd rather have a charlie hough or livan hernandez .. they are more marlins to me ... even a guy like burnett over him ... can't argue with nen to close

For one, YOU BEAT ME! I was coming to the site to post it and you already did! lol. :p

Second, I agree. Cliff should have been the all-time LF and Conine at 1B.

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
Rob Neyer's List via ESPN

Yeah there's no way lee and fernandez should be on there.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
who do you put there instead of Lee?

question.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
conine

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
how much did conine really play at first though?

didnt he get much more playing time in left field, only playing first predominantely in 97 and then only until dutch came?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
how much did conine really play at first though?

didnt he get much more playing time in left field, only playing first predominantely in 97 and then only until dutch came?
So what?

Floyd deserves to be on that team in LF. Since Floyd only played 1B for one season in '97 as a reserve. Conine started at 1B.

Floyd should be in LF and Conine at 1B, and leave Lee off... End of story.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Conine only played one year exclusively at first. The other three years he split time at first & left field. If I'm making an all-time team though, I give Jeff the spot. You certainly can't leave out Cliff Floyd either, that's ridiculous. Floyd is around the top of virtually every Marlins career offensive stat. Conine's offensive numbers here beat out Lee's too.

I'd have to agree, put Floyd in the outfield and Conine at first.

Floyd or Alou in LF. Conine at first. Leiter instead of Fernandez. Otherwise not bad.

marlins02

how about putting Orestes Destrades at first :lol j/k im thinking Devo at centerfield, he was great for us his two seasons here and helped us win the world series, remember game 3 against the Giants. i know preston was here longer and had the 30-30 season, but that was once, he never really developed into what we needed when he was here, now he's having a great season with the Rockies though, you got to love the irony. Conine at first is a stretch because like you all said he was only there for one season but i can live with it, floyd shouldve been on this list at left instead of conine, put conine at first. i really dont have a problem with the rotation, alex did win 17 games his one healthy season, you can also make the argument for livan. how about scott pose or chucky carr in the outfield, and Chris hammond in the rotation. :lol im playing, i just really wanted to say those names, its been a while

marlins02

i totally forgot about Leiter, he could also be there. he was real important to our success

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Jack Armstrong should be on this list....

And if Devon White is on this list then there is something terribly wrong....I would put Chuck Carr there before Devon.

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Im not saying he should be on the all-time list, but people seem to forget about Greg Colbrunn. He holds the Marlins records for best average (.286 in 1996) and most RBI (89 in 1995) by a first baseman.

markotsay7

Im not saying he should be on the all-time list, but people seem to forget about Greg Colbrunn. He holds the Marlins records for best average (.286 in 1996) and most RBI (89 in 1995) by a first baseman.
Also forgetting about his terriffic defense...made something like 5 or 6 errors the whole year in 95... something like a .994 or .996 fielding percentage

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
You are right on with the stats tonight. In 1995, he only made 5 errors and had a .996 fielding percentage (both records for Marlin 1B)

markotsay7

Woo, I am HOT. I need to find someone to play poker with right now while I'm still in the zone...

Marlins Bandit

Muckdog
Reaction score
Also forgetting about his terriffic defense...made something like 5 or 6 errors the whole year in 95... something like a .994 or .996 fielding percentage...Woo, I am HOT. I need to find someone to play poker with right now while I'm still in the zone...
Or you are pathetically trying to unsuccessfully fool everyone. Nobody belies you knew every #27 to wear a Marlins uniform, including our ex-thirdbase coach.

And sure as hell nobody believes you knew Greg Colbrunn's 1996 defensive fielding percentage and errors commited at 1B off the top of your head, especially since you were all of 9-years-old during that season.

Truly sad and pathetic, but if you want the attention keep going. I think we all could use a few more good laughs. :jackass

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Knowledge off the top of his head or not....

and knowing MK7's history...

I wouldnt be too terribly shocked if he knew all the people to wear #27...he knows too much of that kind of stuff if I recall properly.

Even if he didnt know it off the top of his head....who GAF?

markotsay7

I study stats and meaningless crap. That's what I do. You know what I do for FUN every year in February? I read the newest edition of Who's Who in Baseball. Three times or more. Go take a look at that book, there's nothing but stats in there for every major league player to have played the previous year. THAT'S where I get this from. Maybe you're intimidated by the fact that I know all this meaningless stuff (although I don't know why you would be, because it just means I have no life). I created a list of the all-time Marlins before the season and got 199 out of 215 from memory.

So anyway, forget this whole trivia crap because I can't prove to Bandit I did it off the top of my head.

P.S. - Who cares how old I was? I haven't taken those stats with me for 7 years, I've just read and studied them since then.

Top Bottom