What's new

Marlins and the AS Game

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
There is a good possibility the fish could have 3 IFs in the all star game this season. How many times has that happened? The only one that jumps in my mind (and i dont even know if this is right), the Cards had Rolen/Renteria/Vidro a few years back. Has it happened since? Prior to that? Im guessing the Yanks/Sox did this a bunch (mostly due to voting) but they don't count. :mischief

..and yes, I know its too early to be talking AS game.. we have much more important things to worry about.

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
Vidro was never a Cardinal. I dont really see us having three infielders in the All Star game. Miggs and Hanley though isnt bad representation for the infield.

Eckstein, Rolen, Pujols
Cano, Jeter, ARod

both from last year. It seems to happen especially withthose teams who have fans that all go out and vote their guys into the all star game.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Whoops.. i didnt mean Vidro. The name slips my mind.

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
Roberts, Tejada and Mora in 2005.
Teixeira, Soriano and Young in 2005 as well.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
For some reason, I thought Fernando Vina was an all-star for the Cardinals.. so a big nevermind on that guy.

I'm not counting out Uggla though, thats for sure.

TarHeel324

Muckdog
Reaction score
Whoops.. i didnt mean Vidro. The name slips my mind.
It was Renteria

Trey05Marlins

Muckdog
Reaction score
Cabrera is almost a lock, all he has to do is keep being himself. As for Hanley and Uggla, it's a toss up. Hanley has the better numbers but Uggla has an advantage because of the lack of depth it 2B in NL. They could both make it or they could both not make it. I'd also keep an eye on D-Train. At this pace he'd be 12-3 before July. The ERA could be lower but I think 10+ wins will force Tony La Russo to pick him.

fanofthefish

Marlins Historian
Reaction score
Its been done before as I recall the 1980 NL team had Dodgers at 1b, 2b & ss in the starting line-up. It would be nice to get three in the gme, BUT there's still a lot of baseball to be played.

marlin2266

Muckdog
Reaction score
You just gotta think that the Reds Perez/Morgan/Rose pulled the trifecta at least once.

Plus, Dodgers Cey/Lopes/Garvey.

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well, whoever makes it for the Marlins better get at least 1 at-bat. I'm sure everyone remembers the Golden Boy getting 3 at-bats last season and Miggy getting 0.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
What's wrong with this pic?

At least 4 don't belong on the ballot at all?

mcwkm

Muckdog
Reaction score
Treanor is not on the ballot

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wood is not on the ballot

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Cabrera should be a lock to get in, but I think Reyes will get the national(read New York) vote.
Hanley's gonna' get jobbed out of the spot unless he not only clearly outplays him but beats him statistically by a bit in most categories. Any tie or close to tie goes to Reyes.

marlinz_fan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well, whoever makes it for the Marlins better get at least 1 at-bat. I'm sure everyone remembers the Golden Boy getting 3 at-bats last season and Miggy getting 0.

Expect it to happen again...Marlins players always get screwed by MLB.....Bud Selig wishes the Marlins never existed.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

Expect it to happen again...Marlins players always get screwed by MLB.....Bud Selig wishes the Marlins never existed.
lol yes, it's just one huge conspiracy against us

chickenman04

Muckdog
Reaction score

and the correct answer is. Jeremy Hermida is on the ballot. I think you're supposed to have at least one hit before you can make the All Star team.

Reaction score

Not saying you should all really vote for him, but it's pretty amazing that Jeremy "I haven't played a game yet" Hermida gets a spot on the ballot.

Top Bottom