What's new

Marlins are among many teams in on Avisail Garcia; signs with Milwaukee

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
I agree that they shouldn't be stupidly overpaying but sometimes it feels like they don't want to pay at all and it can't be that either especially when the current payroll commitments are so low.
It sounds like a calculated risk to me. Which is crazy but that just seems like what they are doing. The players they have reached out want multiple years or higher annual salary and the Marlins are set in their ways.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
With payroll so low it does make me think if there is a reason in their minds why they wouldn't be spending more for 2020... do they have something in mind for the future or something? I mean, can "just being cheap" really be the answer here or is there more to it?

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
If the Marlins sign Brian Anderson to an extension in Spring Training I will consider the 2020 season a success no matter what lol.

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score
With payroll so low it does make me think if there is a reason in their minds why they wouldn't be spending more for 2020... do they have something in mind for the future or something? I mean, can "just being cheap" really be the answer here or is there more to it?
Just like what I said before, the fans buy the tickets then the team spend the money or the team spend the money then the fans buy the tickets ?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I agree that they shouldn't be stupidly overpaying but sometimes it feels like they don't want to pay at all and it can't be that either especially when the current payroll commitments are so low.
Stupidly overpaying for a 1-2 year deal is perfectly fine at this point, tbh.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Stupidly overpaying for a 1-2 year deal is perfectly fine at this point, tbh.
I imagine it depends on the definition of stupidly overpaying but I think you're saying that there's no realistic way of actually stupidly overpaying for a 1-2 year deal.

SonOfJack

Belligerent Homer
Reaction score
there's no realistic way of actually stupidly overpaying for a 1-2 year deal.
Yeah it is hard to be in too much of a hole from one. The total money can't be THAT much and it also would be over in 1-2 years regardless.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I imagine it depends on the definition of stupidly overpaying but I think you're saying that there's no realistic way of actually stupidly overpaying for a 1-2 year deal.
2 yr 32 mil over 3 yr 30 mil

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Marlins didnt like Garcia enough to go 2/22 or something? Sad.

Top Bottom