What's new

Marlins begin furloughs with business operations staff

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
At least they get to keep medical/dental coverage.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
From Ken Rosenthal:

About 40 percent of #Marlins baseball operations employees will be furloughed June 1, sources tell The Athletic. Total expected to be between 90 and 100. Team paying employees through May, expects to cover health benefits of those furloughed through October. Evaluating monthly.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Pissed me off how Ken did that. Why single out the Marlins first? It wasn't even a full minute between tweets, why not say "multiple teams planning to furlough ..." nope, gotta take the quick easy cheap shot on us first. ESPN of course ran with it.

AeroFishOne

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pissed me off how Ken did that. Why single out the Marlins first? It wasn't even a full minute between tweets, why not say "multiple teams planning to furlough ..." nope, gotta take the quick easy cheap shot on us first. ESPN of course ran with it.
You know I had the athletic for a year but eventually I got tired of seeing some of the bullshit their authors were putting out and said I’m not paying to see my teams ridiculed when I can see it for free.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I think the specific news was leaked by a Marlins source about the Marlins only so that's how Ken reported it. It's not on Ken how people read it.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
You know I had the athletic for a year but eventually I got tired of seeing some of the bullshit their authors were putting out and said I’m not paying to see my teams ridiculed when I can see it for free.
Yep, I let my subscription lapse as well.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
And anyone who really thinks this is only a Marlins issue is a real idiot. This isn't as dumb as the typical Marlins bashing.

AeroFishOne

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yep, I let my subscription lapse as well.
There’s some good stuff on their atleast on my hockey teams side but it just wasn’t worth the price. Alittle more behind the scenes stuff but Nothing groundbreaking.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I looked at the responses to Ken's tweet and the Marlins bashing is very little so I do think people get what's going on here. Of note there's a dude replying to every response about Jeter not doing his part with a link to the article saying Jeter gave up his salary for this. A couple even replied that they were pleasantly surprised to that .

Top Bottom