What's new

Marlins bullpen

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well with Beckett coming back Tuesday our bulllpen will look a little different.

I think this is how it's going to look

Almanza
Levrault
Bump
Phelps
Looper
Tejera

Then Spoony isgoing to come back so it will look something like this.

Almanza
Levrault
Spoony
Phelps
Looper
Tejera

It looks a lot better then it has looked, but I think we need 1 more guy if we want to contend, because I dont think we can rely on Levrault and Tejera on a consistant basis.

What do you guys think?

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
Didn't I hear the marlins just put him on the 60-day DL though.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
When Borland Comes back, our bullpen we'll than be VERY good
he was only here for 9 innings....

i dont think he will be that big a boost

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Borland? No way he wil help us out. He was only with us for a short while. I rather Keep Bump up here but will have to go when Becett comes back...

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
Through 7 games...Toby has. a 1.86 era and has only allowd 3 hits...Ramp is right he's only pitched 9 innings( actually 10) but he's a reliever and we wont need him to pitch long...just to get an inning done or a couple batter which he is much more capable of doing than say...Olsen or Tejera

1.86 ERA allowed 3 hits through 7 starts and 10 innings...he is a guy that will get outs in tough situations and get us out of a bad inning or two

g8trz2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
you might be able to say he hasnt had enough IP to prove that he is worth stayin in the majors in the pen...but you can't say he doesn't desrve to be in the majors in the pen. In the little time he has pitched, he's pitched great. He doesnt deserve to get sent down. Thats for sure...

*Cough*Cough*Tejera needs to be sent down*Cough*Cough

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Borland? No way he wil help us out. He was only with us for a short while. I rather Keep Bump up here but will have to go when Becett comes back...
You'd rather have Bump up, and unproven player who gave up two runs in two innings than a guy who did only throw 9 innings, but with a damn impressive ERA well under 2.00? You crazy.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you Fran. I think Levrault has done well for the most part but needs to have a few more good outings to completely sell me. Tejera I worry about. One more good arm in there would do wonders. Maybe Phelps will really get in there and solidify it, who knows.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Maybe Phelps will really get in there and solidify it, who knows.
Stats show he's been awesome out of the pen...

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
i keep tryin to tell u Boreland was a huge loss when he was here he was getting the job done when he got hurt that spot he held who eva they guy ahs been is not getting the job done....... as 4 Levrault he has SUXED da past few outtings and i have l;ost confidence in em......

Almanza
Levrault
Spoony
Phelps
Looper
Tejera NOOOOOOOOOOO this BUL PEN IS CRAP

Almanza is a STIFF who always gets hurt and ends every year with an ERA ova 4.50

Levrault has SUXED his past few outtings he had a HOT beggning but since than has been shakey.....

Spoonz when will he be back??? "talk is AFTER all Star break"

"Phielps "thank God we have him"

Tejera "INCONSISTANT" send em down

Bring up-----Scott Sanders, Greg House, and get a ARM from trading

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Borland is not a big loss.... sorry

Levrault is still a badass

i agree on Tejera

Sanders isnt on the 40 man player roster........ it might be tough to bring him up

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lavrualt has been a baller...

Borland was pretty damn good himself.

Tejera is too streaky...

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
do you guys remember brian edmonson and ron mahay?

SlapHands69

Muckdog
Reaction score
LMFAO hell ya I do. A couple of years ago I believe it got so bad For Edmonson that I saw him on a Double A or Single a roster :( . Mahay I believe we got from the A's right? He sucked. And so did Malloy the 2nd baseman.

SlapHands69

Muckdog
Reaction score
I sure wish we could get Weathers from the Mets. I know they want to rebuild so a lot of their players are up for grabs.

SlapHands69

Muckdog
Reaction score
LMFAO hell ya I do. A couple of years ago I believe it got so bad For Edmonson that I saw him on a Double A or Single a roster :( . Mahay I believe we got from the A's right? He sucked. And so did Malloy the 2nd baseman. Oh ya Mahay also plays with the Rangers AAA team I believe.

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
ron mahay was an outfielder that converted to a pitcher

just like brooks kieschnick is now

MarlinsFans46

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yes, Brian Edmonson was in AA last year with the Bowie Baysox and the Akron Aeros (Indians). The year before he had actually spent a part of the year in Portland. When he was with Akron, I got a chance to talk to him because our season tickets were right next to the visiting bullpen - he's a really nice guy, and it was interesting to hear his views as a former Marlin on the state of the organization since the ownership change.

Latest posts

Top Bottom