What's new

Marlins Bullpen

djm305

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ok, so after 1 week of baseball I have to say, Jorge Julio aside, our Bullpen actually looks like a strength to me. They got some good arms in there and most of them are throwing strikes which is always good from your bullpen. Is it just because of how poor our pen's have been in the past that I feel this way? Or do we genuinly have a GOOD bullpen this year? Lindstrom, Owens, Messenger, Garnder, Gregg... There is not one of those guys I would have a problem with coming into a game.

pb1300

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bullpen is actually doing a good job, and hopefully they will get even better with the return of Tank and hopefully some returned confidence in Jorge.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think we need another 15 games or so to pass judgment. IMHO, it is way too early. But we could be into something

MarlinatPenn

Muckdog
Reaction score
it looks really really good.. I have no idea who is going down for Tank

Reaction score
Nolasco was the only bad part, julio aside, but that was because of injury. Mess seems to be staying balanced and hopefully won't turn a wrong corner again. Julio seems to be fixing his stuff as we speak, there was an article on it on the official site. He relized he was throwing to fast and showing hitters his pitches, hopefully he fixes it and starts pitching well again. :mischief2

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
It sure looks a heck of a lot better than it did last year. Even Messenger has looked reasonably sharp.

Reaction score
I think it's looking really good. Yes it's early, and inevitably some of them will struggle, and some will go on the DL. Hopefully that will coincide with the returns of Tank & K-Mart and the bullpen will stay strong.

champkind

Muckdog
Reaction score
I had said in a previous post that Beinfest did a great job in bringing in Ownens, Lindstrom, and Gregg for basically nothing. Add Tank and that is 4 good, young, cheap arms. If Julio even amounts to halfway decent our bullpen should be relatively solid.

Was I the only one who broke into a cold sweat when Messenger went in on Sunday?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
We look really good right not, particularly in the 7th-9th (excluding Julio of course). Messenger and Gardner are the obvious surprises that have really looked good.

I just can't imagine this bullpen in a few months... when Tankersley and Johnson are back, thry could top the NL. Hell, imagine if K-Mart comes back at some point... We'd have about 5 to 6 guys in the pen throwing 93+ consistently (Owens, Lindstrom, Messenger, Julio, Pinto, Martinez).

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
We look really good right not, particularly in the 7th-9th (excluding Julio of course). Messenger and Gardner are the obvious surprises that have really looked good.

I just can't imagine this bullpen in a few months... when Tankersley and Johnson are back, thry could top the NL. Hell, imagine if K-Mart comes back at some point... We'd have about 5 to 6 guys in the pen throwing 93+ consistently (Owens, Lindstrom, Messenger, Julio, Pinto, Martinez).
slow down there...

KMart is probably not going to help much this year, if any

and there are some saying that Johnson, although could be back by June/July he could be the same way

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score

slow down there...

KMart is probably not going to help much this year, if any

and there are some saying that Johnson, although could be back by June/July he could be the same way

Well, there's really no doubt Johnson SHOULD be back sometime. And, if you would have actually read what I wrote, when I mentioned K-Mart I said "imagine if" he came back. Meaning the probability may not be too high, but if he did we'd be in real good shape.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm pleasantly surprised at how good they all look. I'm unpleasantly surprised that Julio has been so incredibly awful. But, as FeshFish says....let's wait at least 15 more games before passing judgement, good and bad.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
I had said in a previous post that Beinfest did a great job in bringing in Ownens, Lindstrom, and Gregg for basically nothing. Add Tank and that is 4 good, young, cheap arms. If Julio even amounts to halfway decent our bullpen should be relatively solid.

Was I the only one who broke into a cold sweat when Messenger went in on Sunday?
Shooter has been pitching very well. He was outstanding throughout spring training

Top Bottom