What's new

Marlins could be on the market for....

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
a Bigtime pitcher. IMO I believe the Marlins will make another run at White Sox pitcher RHP Bart Colon(free agent to be). If not during the summer than maybe in the winter. You can forget about Vlad and even re-signing Pudge(unless he defers bigtime highly unlikely) The Marlins already consider AJ no longer a Marlin seeing, he's gone for almost two years. The team will see if Penny or Beckett take that step like AJ did last, but more than likely they'll make a pitch for Colon. I've already started to root against the Sox :D

* side note I think Dontrelle will be on a fast track to the majors now. I see him in Triple A before the end of May, if not sooner.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
You're right about Willis, I see him on the big club in two months.

As for Burnett... Trade him! He's a FA when he comes back, so at the start of next season, you can trade him, or this summer for someone... I don't think Vlad or Pudge are out of the picture at all...

You're crazy if you think we won't trade Burnett if we cant re-sign him...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Trade Burnett?

right now we couldnt get much for him....

and why would we trade him?

when he gets back, he wont be asking for much more, if more $$$ then he gets now....

no point trading him when his price tag will still be reasonable

also, i dont see the ChiSox falling out of contention at all, especially in the crappy AL Central....

*I cant wait to see DW in the big show.....

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
How in the world can you trade Burnett? His contract ends after this season! Yeah, some team is going to trade for a pitcher who they know will never play for them before his contract expires. Come on, at least make some sense.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
AJ's current trade value is about as much as my 23 Davey Johnson manager cards from 1991 Topps.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well.. we can trade AJ Burnett for an Oreo Cookie.. that his current value... so if Admin Beinfest is hungry...

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
AJ's current trade value is about as much as my 23 Davey Johnson manager cards from 1991 Topps.
Hey Das, I'll trade you for a 1980 Cesar Cedeno... hehe

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ramp your right about the Sox falling out the race.....

"also, i dont see the ChiSox falling out of contention at all, especially in the crappy AL Central"

........but wasn't it the Sox back in the 90's who were 4 games out of first when they sold there players to SF at the deadline? If the Sox realize they won't be able to sign Colon by the deadline he'll be on the block especially with that owner up there.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
As for Burnett... Trade him!
Are you out of your Mind? You cant trade our best pitcher. He is a very good pitcher and we cant lose him. Hitters fear Burnett and his fastball. Anywyas we couldnt get much for him, He is injured no one will wana sign him.

If we do trade Burnett we will be in big trouble...

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
AJ's current? trade value is about as much as my 23 Davey Johnson manager cards from 1991 Topps.
Hey Das, I'll trade you for a 1980 Cesar Cedeno... hehe I would take a Cesar Cedeno.

chefbob

Muckdog
Reaction score
If we do trade Burnett we will be in big trouble...
Uh, why would the Marlins be in trouble if AJ won't pitch for at least 18 months?

Top Bottom