What's new

Marlins have 100/1 odds to win 2020 World Series

SongInTheAir

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I honestly would have expected worse odds. 100/1 seems...high?

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
Is that based on the way 2019 ended or on what they project for 2020 and even then how can anyone project 2020 before the offseason even starts? This is stupid.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
Is that based on the way 2019 ended or on what they project for 2020 and even then how can anyone project 2020 before the offseason even starts? This is stupid.
That is based on current roster and projections for the future as well, the odds can change based on activity in the off-season. Based on this, Vegas seems to think the Marlins will add to the roster. Otherwise they'd be closer to the Orioles.

Last edited:

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
That is based on current roster and projections for the future as well, the odds can change based on activity in the off-season. Based on this, Vegas seems to think the Marlins will add to the roster.
Yea but virtually all 30 teams rosters will change significantly between now and next March. This is like predicting what the food is gonna taste like without knowing what the ingredients are.

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
If I put a few dollars on the Marlins to win it all next year right now, do they stay at those 100/1 odds even if those odds improve over the next few months?

I've never done betting as such.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
If I put a few dollars on the Marlins to win it all next year right now, do they stay at those 100/1 odds even if those odds improve over the next few months?

I've never done betting as such.
You'd be locked in at 100/1. You only get the odds that it is when you make the bet.

MIggy03

Muckdog
Reaction score
Those odds aren't good. And to top it off I got these fucking flying termites on my screen.
I don't quite remember the exact way, but tweaking around with the color theme and other settings should get rid of them lol

DTrain

Muckdog
Reaction score
It’s not stupid.
It’s based on current roster, projected acquisitions and game simulations.
Oddsmakers don’t just pull #’s out of a hat.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
It’s not stupid.
It’s based on current roster, projected acquisitions and game simulations.
Oddsmakers don’t just pull #’s out of a hat.
If they can't accurately predict the 2020 rosters then it's stupid to guess what's gonna happen in October of 2020 in October of 2019.

Edit: To be fair, let me be a little more clear of my point: Every single roster in MLB will be different in 2020 as to what they are in October of 2019 so to try and predict the 2020 postseason a year in advance is a complete waste of time because the teams are almost guaranteed to change. To me this is the equivalent of predicting what an elementary school kid will score on their high school tests. Yeah the numbers aren't pulled out of a hat but there are so many variables and so much change that is going to happen that why would anyone bother to make those predictions?

Last edited:

Top Bottom