What's new

Marlins home opener

Marlins97-03

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well, 36,331 is considered a sell out, and they were expecting over 40,000, but they still have plenty of "Over flow" seats in the out field. :p

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tonight's Attendence: 40,397

Opening Night was officially sold out.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Too bad they couldn't have given the fans a better show. Great turnout though, hopefully they'll get good crowds this weekend too. :thumbup

Tonight pretty much stunk all around.

I blame Jorge Julio. :shifty

Libelula

Muckdog
Reaction score
Marlins97-03, you might wanna change your sig to the "2007" Marlins. >_>

Beinfest4Prez

Muckdog
Reaction score
You can't win games that you have 3 errors in. Just my opinion.

Go get em tomorrow.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I had a really bad seat and it was a really bad game. Thumbs down to the audio/video people tonight, too, who couldn't seem to get anything right whatsoever. I mean, just off the top of my head:

1. The out-of-town scoreboard was so out of whack the first inning or so that they just decided to turn the damn thing off the rest of the way. Why not save some energy I guess?

2. The audio seemed to die around the 6th inning, after which we were subjected to absolutely constant and absolutely constantly irritating organ music. My goodness, just give us some peace and quiet. The organ player broke out every song in the book, and then I think by the bottom of the 8th he/she started composing his/her own tunes.

3. No replays. At all. Not one. I'm not sure if this is now team policy, or if they just couldn't get their act together, but a major thumbs down. My seat was so bad I couldn't see half the plays, and then I would look to the scoreboard to at least catch a replay and there was nothing doing up there either.

4. The stats on the big scoreboard were impossible to read. It looked like they had two lines of text overlapping each other, which made it completely illegible.

5. The pitch counts were messed up well into the middle of the game. For a while, they didn't even have Mitre's name up there. And then at one point I looked up and Moyer had thrown 43 pitches--for 43 strikes, and 19 balls. I mean, either he's really efficient, or those numbers don't add up.

After all that, there really wasn't much else to get wrong.

The Marlins continue to put together the worst fan experience in town, and then they wonder why people don't show up.

EDIT: Nice flyover, though.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Any food reports?
it too me all of the third inning to get my wings... the service sucked

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
Any food reports?

i had box seats and it was really easy to get food

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Any food reports?

i had box seats and it was really easy to get food
lol... as it should be

Boog Sciambi

Muckdog
Reaction score
hmm

my synopsis for the game.

i drove down from orlando for the game tonight... bought tickets in 441.

my seats were at the end of the row. I've never been to a game with more rude people, maybe it wasn't that they were rude, but they had never been to a baseball game before and had no knowledge of how to act what-so-ever. i probably only saw 25% of the pitches tonight because of people walking by, or standing in front of me, or trying to argue with me that i was in their seats when they showed up in the 5th inning with tickets for the next section. they had no idea what the hell they were doing wtih the score board. you would think they would have practiced this stuff before.

i was so disgusted i left in the 6th inning,

oh and jamie moyer didn't exactly help the situation by taking absolutely FOREVEr.

oyyy vae

oh and by the way, it was $10.00 for chicken tenders and saratoga chips. absolutely absurd.

Reaction score
Agree with the scoreboard 100 percent. Totally disappointed. They had scores up there from 3 days ago, and some were wrong, they also had Baltimore and Minnesota FINAL score at 7-7. Moyers pitch count was messed up all night. Hopefully these situations are resolved by tomorrow, even though they should have been tonight.

And for anyone with the comebacks like..."why do you care about the scoreboard", just dont waste your time posting. I worry about it because it enchances the game entertainment, when I wanna see how my other teams are doing.

Good night, not impressed with the in-game entertainment either, not much has changed.

Marlins97-03

Muckdog
Reaction score
Marlins97-03, you might wanna change your sig to the "2007" Marlins. >_>

*gives self dumb slap.*

SoFlaFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Maybe sitting out in Sec. 127 was a godsend. The speakers in the outfield were not working at all, so we didn't hear a single thing! The national anthem was not heard out there, and neither was the line up introductions. Having the "data scoreboard" only on one side really blows. We had no clue what anyone had done, nor what the pitch counts or pitch speeds were. It wasn't until the eighth inning when they put the lineup/scoreboard/stats on the other "jumbotron".

I can't, however, blame the Marlins for this one. That is a stadium issue and the stadium belongs to Huizenga. The sound system should have been checked. At a minimum they should have put a damn announcement on the Jumbotron that they were having technical difficulties and not left us in the dark.

Finally, where the hell did you pay $10.00 for chicken tenders and saratoga chips? I paid $7.00 for my kid's tenders and fries. As for the "rude" fans, don't sweat it, they'll be gone tomorrow and won't come back again until the Wild Card (if the Fish make it by then). I had people in Sec. 127 that stayed in their seats between innings and then once the first pitch was thrown, they got up to get food or just walk around. For that I blame the ushers, they should not allow anyone into the stands until the end of the inning! No more of this letting them in during a stoppage in play, because by the time they find their seats, the game has begun. Also, how hard is it to read a freakin' ticket!!!! There were two people who stood next to our seats in the aisle for an entire half inning just staring at seats hoping that they would "magically" light up or something!!! Finally, don't f*****g get on your cellphone to say, "Hey, where are you, look over at the outfield. Do you see the guy in the white shirt, now look up, here I am!" You are a f*****g idiot if you're trying to have your buddy find you via cellphone. I should be allowed to throw your cellphone onto the field and then hit you over the head with a bat!

Hopefully they take care of this by tomorrow because if only half the stadium can hear the Idols, you'll never get anyone back for another Super Saturday. But then again, maybe that's what Uncle Wayne wants all along!

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
But then again, maybe that's what Uncle Wayne wants all along!

Why am I disappointed it took this long for a Huizenga conspiracy theory to develop. :rolleyes:

The Marlins had no idea how to work the scoreboard last year

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
Maybe sitting out in Sec. 127 was a godsend. The speakers in the outfield were not working at all, so we didn't hear a single thing! The national anthem was not heard out there, and neither was the line up introductions. Having the "data scoreboard" only on one side really blows. We had no clue what anyone had done, nor what the pitch counts or pitch speeds were. It wasn't until the eighth inning when they put the lineup/scoreboard/stats on the other "jumbotron".

I can't, however, blame the Marlins for this one. That is a stadium issue and the stadium belongs to Huizenga. The sound system should have been checked. At a minimum they should have put a damn announcement on the Jumbotron that they were having technical difficulties and not left us in the dark.

Finally, where the hell did you pay $10.00 for chicken tenders and saratoga chips? I paid $7.00 for my kid's tenders and fries. As for the "rude" fans, don't sweat it, they'll be gone tomorrow and won't come back again until the Wild Card (if the Fish make it by then). I had people in Sec. 127 that stayed in their seats between innings and then once the first pitch was thrown, they got up to get food or just walk around. For that I blame the ushers, they should not allow anyone into the stands until the end of the inning! No more of this letting them in during a stoppage in play, because by the time they find their seats, the game has begun. Also, how hard is it to read a freakin' ticket!!!! There were two people who stood next to our seats in the aisle for an entire half inning just staring at seats hoping that they would "magically" light up or something!!! Finally, don't f*****g get on your cellphone to say, "Hey, where are you, look over at the outfield. Do you see the guy in the white shirt, now look up, here I am!" You are a f*****g idiot if you're trying to have your buddy find you via cellphone. I should be allowed to throw your cellphone onto the field and then hit you over the head with a bat!

Hopefully they take care of this by tomorrow because if only half the stadium can hear the Idols, you'll never get anyone back for another Super Saturday. But then again, maybe that's what Uncle Wayne wants all along!

WOW THANK GOODNESS IT JUST WASNT ME GUYS!!

i couldnt hear jack sh*t from the get go. there was just a huge echo in the sound that everything was just mumbling. that right there was pissng me off from the get go, the fireworks were off cue if u ask me. the jets thing was amazing though and probably the only thing that seemed to go right. the scoreboard was so jacked up, no stats or anything, just killed everything. they tried it later on in the 9th? and it was all messed up like mentioned before, why dont they do sound checks like they are supposed to? u would have thought with all the marketing and proposed crowds that they would have put more effort into this. i really didnt hear ppl talk about this around me but i just kept venting it out aloud lmao!!

i could barely hear have the damn game cuz this rows in front of me consisted of about 30 + ppl coming together, everyone and their family was there couldnt stfu. i was so tired of them standing up and talking crap all the time. the energy felt good with alot of ppl but the game just didnt turn out right.

probably the best part of the game was when the guy ran onto the field. couldnt stop laughing cuz it was so random at the moment, but deffinately for my 1st home opener it was not a pleasant one. i will be going back on April 21st again, and i hope to God that it isnt like this again.

Top Bottom