What's new

Marlins interest in Kim?

fauowls44

Muckdog
Reaction score
The A's, Dodgers and Marlins are showing interest in Byung-Hyun Kim, according to FOXSports.com.

Oakland would acquire him as a starter, while the Dodgers and Marlins are reportedly interested in him as a reliever. According to the report, the Rockies could ask for Mark Hendrickson back from the Dodgers. The Marlins would likely let him contend for the closer's role if they acquired him.

I don't know what the Rockies would want for the guy, but you have some pretty good GM's chasing him right now. I think he'd be a guy who would really be helped by DS. I guess we need to add him to the long potential closer list...

Reaction score
This was already posted in the closer's forum. I am probably one of the few who wants to add Kim.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
no. I remember when he pitched for the Red Sox. I have a friend who is a season ticket holder for the rockies, he said kim is horrible. they call him "dum-dum kim".

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
The only thing Kim provides is experience. Some of the experience he has had we do not want!

anotherrealfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Maybe just perception, but even Dolphin Stadium might not hold all the gophers he gives up.

Libelula

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why not? Look at what happened with all the other closers who came here.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
put the money to someone else

we have better arms in our camp right now

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
When I hear or see a rumor like this the first things that cross my mind are "is this agent driven?" and "is this part of a bigger deal?".

In this case what immediately came to mind was a blurb I read in the last few days about Cory Sullivan being expendable but frankly it doesn't take more than a moment to realize Kim and Sullivan at a combined $3.5 million is too high a price to pay for so little talent, not to mention roster spots.

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
I like BK's pitching style. He didn't scare Bonds' new homer record.

Take him to Marlins? I say "OK", but we don't have much money indeed.

The_Punisher

Muckdog
Reaction score

Yeah, and the ones who had success here were former big time closers who resurrected their careers. Remember Kim, when was he great? Anyways, I am for adding him, but not as the closer.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
The A's, Dodgers and Marlins are showing interest in Byung-Hyun Kim, according to FOXSports.com.

Oakland would acquire him as a starter, while the Dodgers and Marlins are reportedly interested in him as a reliever. According to the report, the Rockies could ask for Mark Hendrickson back from the Dodgers. The Marlins would likely let him contend for the closer's role if they acquired him.

I don't know what the Rockies would want for the guy, but you have some pretty good GM's chasing him right now. I think he'd be a guy who would really be helped by DS. I guess we need to add him to the long potential closer list...

I'd rather shoot myself in the head.

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
put the money to someone else

we have better arms in our camp right now

I agree with Ramp... we have at least arms who would do a decent job closing, maybe even a great job.

We need to save our money for an OF deal, somewhere in the coming months.

I don't think it is likely for Ross to make camp, so I would expect him and a pitching prospect or 2 going for a halfway decent CF somewhere. We could clear Ross's salary and save a million bucks by sticking with what we have in the relief department.

Top Bottom