What's new

Marlins now in 'buy mode' for Winter Meetings

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Who we waiting for next? Joel Sherman? Peter Gammons? Marlins Man?

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
When you factor in the players, the coaches, the front office, the concession workers, the dancers, Billy (surprising contract!), the construction workers, the new grass, Scoop (also a surprising contract!), @rmc523, and the kids they sponsor in third world countries, it's very easy to see how a couple FA signings get them to nine figures.
You mean I can get paid for my stalking from the bushes?

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
You mean I can get paid for my stalking from the bushes?
If they are willing to pay, sure. I guess it depends how much money the Bush family you're talking about has.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Jesus Aguilar being a good acquisition is hilarious.

its basically a flyer on a really bad fielder who had a really good 1/2 to 3/4 year in 2018.

el_gmac

I don't like Mike Hill and Jeter
VIP
Reaction score
If they are willing to pay, sure. I guess it depends how much money the Bush family you're talking about has.
I thought he meant another type of bush

MarlinsLou

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Jesus Aguilar being a good acquisition is hilarious.

its basically a flyer on a really bad fielder who had a really good 1/2 to 3/4 year in 2018.
2019 - .272 BABIP, BB rate increased, K rate decreased. There is a lot of optimism for a real rebound.

I don't think he is the savior, but if you add up his production 2017-2019 (2 WAR average per 600 PA), I think that's great for a guy going to make 1/$2.5, and has 2 additional years of control for his age 29-31+ seasons.

Relatively no risk, and if he jacks 20 HR by July, they can probably trade him for a good prospect and promote Lewin.

There are many things we can point to that they have done wrong, but this isn't once of them.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Would we rather have Aguilar or Granderson?

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter, they were acquired for the same reason, essentially.
Guess I should rephrase:

Which do you think will add more value to the team? Aguilar or Granderson?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Aguilar and Granderson were not acquired for the same reason at all. Granderson was a one year deal at best to be flipped at the deadline, never a chance for anything more or for any longer. Aguilar is still club controlled and could be here for longer if he produces.

hovertical

LumberKing
Reaction score
100 million? Did Hill trade Sixto for Bonilla's contract?

hovertical

LumberKing
Reaction score
on a side note - if for some reason the 100mil wasn't a typo I wouldn't be opposed to using some of that money to trade from from our plethora of mid-range prospects to acquire a better player along with a shitty 1-2 year contract back from some team looking to save some money this year.

Top Bottom