What's new

Marlins now in 'buy mode' for Winter Meetings

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I know I shouldn't say something like this, but it's really feel bad to see other teams acquire big fish FAs one by one …

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score

What happened to Heyman in this WM ?

Mish even too kindness to mention it…

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score

What happened to Heyman in this WM ?
Well to his credit, Heyman did not say that they are trying to trade for Dickerson, only that they are talking about him. Maybe, the Marlins want to know what the Phillies think about him?

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Well to his credit, Heyman did not say that they are trying to trade for Dickerson, only that they are talking about him. Maybe, the Marlins want to know what the Phillies think about him?
But it didn't make sense at all, would the Phillies told Hill to sign him because he's suck or not to sign him because he's good ?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Heyman has been hitting the bars way too hard this week, all of his tweets reek of boozing.

SonOfJack

Belligerent Homer
Reaction score
Heyman has been hitting the bars way too hard this week, all of his tweets reek of boozing.
He also does a TON of summing up other tweets. It seems like more than half his tweets are confirming someone else's scoop or just rehashing.

Major-Minor

Muckdog
Reaction score
Correction...Marlins are in "by now" mode....as in...shouldn't we have at least pretended to be competitive by now....or shouldn't we have done anything by now mode.

Corey Dickerson?! Are people seriously excited about PUIG?!

This team is a joke. There is no plan to add anything of real value...nor should there be. They have hamstrung themselves and really just need to wait.

They offered 2020 as when they will start competing...60-70 wins is hardly an improvement. They could do that with nothing added. This year is going to be as terrible as the last. Here is the year: People talk about how great Sixto will be when he gets here, and then when he gets here they will discuss how great he will be in a few years. Everyone argue about the pieces and take the little scratches behind the ear that the actual competitive teams with offer.

So everyone just hold out hope that all these flyers they have taken out amount to something. And everyone needs to hope...because the next 2-3 year of free agency are barren, not that they can afford to spend and be in the conversation anyway...don't worry they will pretend they are.

I have very little faith that they will do anything correctly when/if any of the kids are ready. Keep in mind how stacked the division is...this sounds like the Hermedia years....the Volstad years....or the JJ years...

Major-Minor

Muckdog
Reaction score
This is literally the same time period.
That's it...that's your take away? "This guy must be an idiot because these are the same year"....the years that were spent waiting for the following players: Hermedia, Volstad, JJ. 05-11...were a waste of time. This waste of time was a result of string pulling from a front office that had/has no interest in fielding the best possible product they can and instead just wanted/wants to encourage a fan base that we would/will be finding water soon.

You're right though. This feels great and those years were great. This is nothing like that.

Where are the coffee and donuts at this Stockholm Syndrome survivors meeting?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
This waste of time was a result of string pulling from a front office that had/has no interest in fielding the best possible product they can and instead just wanted/wants to encourage a fan base that we would/will be finding water soon.
In Jeter's 2 years of ownership you haven't had a single moment where you thought this front office and ownership is actually different than the Loria front office and ownership?

Major-Minor

Muckdog
Reaction score
When did they say this?

Although...as I read more...

It sounds like he never specifically said "2020." He only made a bunch of generic statements about wanting to be competitive.

However he did project the money that he and his investors will make. So if he originally projected the payroll $80...told us all he is going to try for $80 million...then "oopsies" or "I tried the market wasn't there"

...then he can watch as the team wins 65 - 70 games and claim improvement. Whats the difference between 55 games and 65 games?

Oh...probably a few million for he and his investors.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
What did the Marlins buy at the Winter meetings?

A hotel suite? Dinner?

Sure as shit didnt buy any players.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I mean just bc they didn't make many transactions literally at the meetings, doesn't mean they didn't lay the groundwork for some near future ones.
I forget, Joe wrote that article, so its not like Joe is actually accurate.

My bad.

Top Bottom