What's new

Marlins now in 'buy mode' for Winter Meetings

el_gmac

I don't like Mike Hill and Jeter
VIP
Reaction score
So the Loria circus continue..what do we expect if we have the same clown operating the team

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
So the Loria circus continue..what do we expect if we have the same clown operating the team
Payroll decisions don't come from Hill. He's told what he can or can't spend. This situation is on Jeter and Sherman, clearly, not on Mike Hill. You know better than that.

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Payroll decisions don't come from Hill. He's told what he can or can't spend. This situation is on Jeter and Sherman, clearly, not on Mike Hill. You know better than that.
It's really hard to swallow, why not spend millions to sign Romo or Smith to secure some games and make fans to buy the tickets !? really so cheap !?

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
It's really hard to swallow, why not spend millions to sign Romo or Smith to secure some games and make fans to buy the tickets !? really so cheap !?
They are waiting to see who will come to them dirt cheap as the offseason rolls on. It should piss off 100 percent of the fan base but it somehow doesn’t.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
The tops of the cliffs in Taiwan are about to get really crowded.

el_gmac

I don't like Mike Hill and Jeter
VIP
Reaction score
did i said it's Hill's fault? I said the same clown is still there

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
I just wonder if there will ever be a time when we aren't a joke of a franchise.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
You’re the worst sometimes
aguilar has one very good year.

he isn’t good at 1b. He isn’t that great of a hitter. He is what? 29?
Wake me when he puts together a second top notch season like 2018.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
The Rays (much more competent front office) gave up Aguilar for nothing. It wasn't a financial decision since he doesn't make that much. That tells me not to get too excited about that acquisition.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
aguilar has one very good year.

he isn’t good at 1b. He isn’t that great of a hitter. He is what? 29?
Wake me when he puts together a second top notch season like 2018.
He was pretty solid in 2017. He hit 16 HR in only 311 PA. If he was given regular playing time he would have had at least 30 HR. Whether looking at his OPS+ or wRC+ he is about 10% better than league average in his career.

His walks and strikeouts both improved. His BAbip dropped a bunch, but I expect it to improve a bit back to the mean. The biggest thing I saw was that his GB% went up and his hard hit FB% went down. Probably pitchers exploiting him, but players can adjust. I still think he has a good chance of rebounding. On a rebuilding team like the Marlins we have a chance to be patient. Rays need to be sure that the guy will perform. He's not a definite game changer, but a low risk player for us that could pay off big.

Top Bottom