What's new

Marlins now in 'buy mode' for Winter Meetings

Valid

Muckdog
Reaction score
aguilar has one very good year.

he isn’t good at 1b. He isn’t that great of a hitter. He is what? 29?
Wake me when he puts together a second top notch season like 2018.
He also had an .837 OPS in 2017, so it wasn't just "one very good year." The Marlins also got him for nothing.

I get that you have to hate on everything Marlins, but being objective wouldn't hurt once in a while.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
He also had an .837 OPS in 2017, so it wasn't just "one very good year." The Marlins also got him for nothing.

I get that you have to hate on everything Marlins, but being objective wouldn't hurt once in a while.
I dont hate on everything Marlins son.

I was very complimentary of the Villar move. Solid, solid pickup.

Reaction score
I dont hate on everything Marlins son.

I was very complimentary of the Villar move. Solid, solid pickup.
It feels like folks are forgetting about the Villar/Aguilar moves. The Marlins added $12.5M in payroll there, they ate another $22M+ in Chen (probably in part because they weren't willing to move a prospect just to get some money back), and now folks are whining that the Marlins aren't being spendthrift?

It's crazy how two weeks can change the winds around here.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
It feels like folks are forgetting about the Villar/Aguilar moves. The Marlins added $12.5M in payroll there, they ate another $22M+ in Chen (probably in part because they weren't willing to move a prospect just to get some money back), and now folks are whining that the Marlins aren't being spendthrift?

It's crazy how two weeks can change the winds around here.
The 2020 payroll including Chen, Villar and Aguilar is still the lowest in all of baseball by a large margin. They’ve walked away from guys they were linked to because they “wanted too much” even though what they wanted was fair market value. Yes, they are cheap until proven otherwise.

Top Bottom