What's new

MARLINS PLEASE LISTEN THIS TIME!

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
RHP Jamey Wright was just released by the Brew Crew on Monday. He has own the Marlins in his career. Teams always try to acquire players that have done well against them in the past. Jamey (think Clement also) sinker is "Kevin Brown " kind. PLEASE WITH THE NEED FOR PITCHING NOW MAKE A RUN AT HIM. He's still young and in the right situation could be a good stop gap.

thoughts??????

player profile:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/prof...le?statsId=5650

3.5 million might be tough to get around though, but he might take a lower base just to get on a big league rotation. listen this time.....

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
if its control problems ala Clement Arny could work with him like and maybe fix his problem like he did 2002

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
jamey wright is not very good.

however,

if you get desperate, there are worse guys to take a flier on for the time being.

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
I disagree Das Texan, I seen this guy pitch against us as a Rocky and Brewer and really pitched well. I believe the last time the Marlins played the Brewers last year he had something like a 2-hitter. I would rather see him as stop gap then Wayne or even Tejera. I like this guy. He's a ground ball pitcher, pitching at the Pro its a win/ win.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
no no no

Jamey Wright is blech....

i hope we dont get that desperate

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
I guess I'm only on this one. His stuff is nasty when is on, especially that 90 mph sinker.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
too bad his stuff is off more than its on.

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
guys they said the same thing about Clement. Jamey has never had a good pitching coach. Like I said look what Arny did Clement before he was traded

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
guys they said the same thing about Clement. Jamey has never had a good pitching coach. Like I said look what Arny did Clement before he was traded
was it Arny or was it Rothchild?

cgator

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Arnsberg started a tough process, but Rothchild was the real key to Clement truning things around.

IMO

later........

MattyMo4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jamey has never had a good pitching coach.
Jamey had a great pitching coach for a couple of months last season when he was with the Cardinals. I don't think Wright is coachable.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would LIKE to aquire Wright, but he has had to many problems in th past. He has not been a good pitcher in his career but maybe Arnesberg cvan work with him but i will doubt that he will do good. We might be able to use him since he's a sinker ball pitcher but i wouldnt risk it and get him. I Hope we aquire some other pitcher but if no we can get wright....

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would LIKE to aquire Wright, but he has had to many problems in th past. He has not been a good pitcher in his career but maybe Arnesberg cvan work with him but i will doubt that he will do good. We might be able to use him since he's a sinker ball pitcher but i wouldnt risk it and get him. I Hope we aquire some other pitcher but if no we can get wright....
that is the most contradicting paragraph i have ever read....do you want him or not? :banghead

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
that is the most contradicting paragraph i have ever read....do you want him or not? :banghead lol, sometimes I don't even understand what he's saying :lol

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Jamey has never had a good pitching coach.
Jamey had a great pitching coach for a couple of months last season when he was with the Cardinals. I don't think Wright is coachable. very true.....

you can argue and win many arguements that dave duncan is the second best pitching coach in the league.

maybe that should tell you something?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
if you are that desperate for a starter.....

you might as well offer this guy a flier...

at least he has had some success in the bigs.

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
I heard Lima is content flipping burgers in his native country.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
I heard Lima is content flipping burgers in his native country.
"Come in and get a Lima's No Wins Cheese Burger for only $.99 at LIMA TIME" :lol

Top Bottom