What's new

MARLINS PLEASE LISTEN THIS TIME!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
from sunsentinel.com
Sources with other teams said the Marlins were working the phones, trying to pick up another arm or two through trade and/or free-agent signing.

The Marlins expressed interest in veteran left-hander Chuck Finley, but he has made it known he's willing only to re-sign with the St. Louis Cardinals or return to the West Coast, where he started his career and makes his home.

Signing Finley, who was offered arbitration in December, would cost a compensatory first-round pick, but the Marlins were said to be willing to make that tradeoff at the right cost.

The Marlins have no interest, however, in right-hander Jamey Wright, recently released by Milwaukee.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
and jamey wright is now off the market....

signing a triple a contract with the oklahoma city club...the texas rangers triple A farm club.

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's good to see the Marlins are at least considering some options. I'd rather not give up any top prospects for a short term fix. Hopefully Sampson & Loria are in it for the long haul.

I wonder if there is any interest in Sterling Hitchcock? He looked pretty good in some limited action on Sunday.

Top Bottom