What's new

Marlins release, re-sign Travis Bowyer

ultimopain

Muckdog
Reaction score
Travis Bowyer-R- Marlins

Marlins released RHP Travis Bowyer. Bowyer missed all of 2006 after shoulder surgery, and the Marlins were left with little idea when he might be ready to pitch this season. It's likely that he'll be re-signed to a minor league deal if he clears release waivers.

Source: Rotoworld.

What a brilliant trade that was. :confused

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wow.... We gave away Luis for free :( .
Scott Tyler?

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wow.... We gave away Luis for free :( .
Scott Tyler?
Well, almost.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tyler? yeah, we gave him away free. horrible trade.

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well we all know how I feel about trading Louie...but when you look at the other deals, it more than compensates.

isd71

Muckdog
Reaction score
I guess they expect him to clear waivers since he isn't ready to play and resign him.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree that was never a smart trade, especially considering the huge number of pitching prospects the Twins have.

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
That just shows you how franchises make stupid trades.... However, in our case its 1 out of the tons that we have made that didnt turn into gold

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
:lol
I see you got here first... dammit..

anyway

:lol !!!!!!!

That just shows you how franchises make stupid trades.... However, in our case its 1 out of the tons that we have made that didnt turn into gold
we totally dropped the ball on this one.

they had about 6 arms to choose from and we took the worst option possible

strandedx02

Muckdog
Reaction score
At least we have Uggla, otherwise that trade would really look like a disaster.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wasn't the idea to re-sign him after he makes it through waivers?

I thought this was being done so we could free up a roster spot on the forty man roster. I think we've done this any number of times over the last few years because it's really just making room for someone else while he heals. Time may prove me wrong but I believe he'll remain in the Marlins organization when this (going through waivers) is concluded.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
el penguino Posted Today, 08:14 PM
Unless I'm forgetting one, the only trade that I would consider to be in the Marlins favor was the Red Sox one.

id say that's far from certain at this point

I thought this was being done so we could free up a roster spot on the forty man roster. I think we've done this any number of times over the last few years because it's really just making room for someone else while he heals. Time may prove me wrong but I believe he'll remain in the Marlins organization when this (going through waivers) is concluded.
point is still that the trade was bollocks

mafatumatt

Muckdog
Reaction score
i cant believe everyone is complaining. we had a bad trade, but we did get the salary off the books... money which is now going to cabrera and willis.

and we got a ROOKIE ALL STAR 2nd baseman replacement that has a whole career ahead of him. luis was phenomenal. one of the best marlins ever.... but we're not doing to bad with what we got.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
Unless I'm forgetting one, the only trade that I would consider to be in the Marlins favor was the Red Sox one.
gaby looks pretty damn good too honestly. It is fair trade with loduca I think so far.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
el penguino Posted Today, 08:14 PM

id say that's far from certain at this point

point is still that the trade was bollocks
Who are we waiting on? Jacobs? Nolasco? Petit? I could be wrong but I don't think the first two have bright futures.
you thought the Cubs got the best of us in the Pierre trade?

Top Bottom