What's new

Marlins sign Felix Rodriguez

IrishHarrington

Muckdog
Reaction score
Marlins sign Felix RodriguezBY CLARK SPENCER
cspencer@MiamiHerald.com
The Marlins have signed veteran right-handed reliever Felix Rodriguez to a minor-league contract and invited him to spring training in an attempt to strengthen their bullpen.

Rodriguez, 34, has spent 11 seasons in the majors, most recently with the Washington Nationals, with whom he gave up 25 earned runs in his 31 relief outings last season.

Rodriguez spent most of last season on the disabled list with tendinitis in his throwing shoulder, and was hobbled in 2005 with the New York Yankees due to a knee injury.

A hard-throwing native of the Dominican Republic, Rodriguez enjoyed his best success while playing with the San Francisco Giants for 5 ? seasons, where he established himself as a workhorse set-up reliever who appeared in 395 games during that span.

He was the losing pitcher for the Giants in the deciding Game 4 of the 2003 National League Division Series against the Marlins.

///////////////
worth a shot i guess

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Phew...that's a relief.

If nothing else Albuquerque is going to be an interesting team this season.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
He used to be pretty good. I'd rather have him out of the pen than someone like Gregg if he can put the last two seasons behind him.
Whats wrong with Gregg? :mischief2

Not a bad adcquisition btw Felix can be dominent

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like this signing just as much as I'd like Alfonseca, so I guess it works...

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope we didn't sign him for too much. The Marlins FO had better watch out, the Dems are raising minimum wage.

The_Punisher

Muckdog
Reaction score
I disagree with all Kevin Gregg doubters. Granted he is un-proven but the guy has yet to hit the age that most relief pitchers become dominant in. He has a huge assortment of pitches, and with the right pitching coach I assure you my friends he is going to be the best we will have out of the bullpen this year, you may quote me!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I disagree with all Kevin Gregg doubters. Granted he is un-proven but the guy has yet to hit the age that most relief pitchers become dominant in. He has a huge assortment of pitches, and with the right pitching coach I assure you my friends he is going to be the best we will have out of the bullpen this year, you may quote me!
done and done

fauowls44

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've always liked his arm. If he's healthy, this is a good signing.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
F-Rod>El Pulpo

Er, no. Right now, based on AA's winter league numbers you'd have to go with him although in fairness to both it really depends on their individual health.

Given a choice between the best of AA and the best of FR, I'd still take AA.

Top Bottom