What's new

Marlins Sign Francisco Cervelli

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
If I stopped being a fan of something I would cut it out of my life entirely... not continue to participate in it just for the sake of trolling.

And on top of that, your reason for hating the team, Loria, is long gone yet you continue to stick around to bitch when the specific problem for you is long gone.
Well the new ownership acts just like the old ownership in respect to payroll and all...

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Well the new ownership acts just like the old ownership in respect to payroll and all...
The new group made the moves that were sensible at the time. They were not going to go to the playoffs even if they signed the 2 best starters available (Arrieta and Darvish). However, there were enough big differences in the way the new group handled it to tell that it is not a "same shit, different day" scenario. Instead of pairing talent with bad contracts, they ended up eating Chen's, Prado's, and Tanaka's money. They have put a whole lot more money into drafts and IFA signings. And when they traded guys at the beginning they traded them separately to not dilute the talent in only a couple of deals, like Loria did with the Toronto deal in 2012.

I know it was upsetting at the time, but the only people who think they are acting the same as the old ownership are the ones who have ignored the finer details of it all.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score

Still have no idea why this team didn't keep him.
For whatever reason, they thought Cervelli was an upgrade over Holaday and that's the direction they went.

Didn't you want this team to go out and get like all the available free agents? If anyone should be ecstatic that they instead went for a free agent on an mlb contract to be the backup catcher it should be you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom