What's new

Marlins Sign Pat Venditte

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I get what you're thinking but with a proper pitching motion, you still have to extend and retract your glove arm. So, no.
Still, it would shorten the IL stay if he could switch arms.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
I can’t believe they’re going through with that idiotic rule. So now it a reliever comes in and is completely off his game you have to let him basically ruin the game for your team before you can pull him.
All of this to save like 1.3 minutes of time.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I'm more curious to know which hand he used to sign the contract.
Both!

it’s all part of manfred’s idiotic pace of play initiative without actually addressing the real causes of slow pace of play. 😂
All of this to save like 1.3 minutes of time.
I was going to say this. All these initiatives they've taken have shaved off maybe 5 minutes of a 3 hour game - you really think that's going to sway people into going now??

"Oh I wasn't going to go when the game was 3 hours ,but now that it's 2 hr, 55 min let's go!!" said no one ever! lol

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
"Oh I wasn't going to go when the game was 3 hours ,but now that it's 2 hr, 55 min let's go!!" said no one ever! lol
This has been my problem with the whole thing since the beginning. Yes some games last way too long but all their research keeps coming back saying that they can shorten games by 5-10 minutes and I don't see how that makes any difference so all of this becomes so stupid. It's not like they can cut an hour off of game time.

I'm already ready for a new commissioner to come in and immediately say that they're dropping this stupidity from day one.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
This has been my problem with the whole thing since the beginning. Yes some games last way too long but all their research keeps coming back saying that they can shorten games by 5-10 minutes and I don't see how that makes any difference so all of this becomes so stupid. It's not like they can cut an hour off of game time.

I'm already ready for a new commissioner to come in and immediately say that they're dropping this stupidity from day one.
I think they just extended Manfred, though. Should there be a strike, though, that could be an impetus for change.

AeroFishOne

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don’t remember Selig even being this bad.

Is this Venditte guy the famous switch pitcher from a few years back?

el_gmac

I don't like Mike Hill and Jeter
VIP
Reaction score
Let the game play as its own pace , fuck Manfred and his millennials in mind rules

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I feel like "pace of action" would be more understandable than "pace of play" with everyone thinking "we need shorter games!" If a game is 3.5 hours but there's baserunners every inning, about four to six runs a side and pitchers consistently getting out of jams (and less strikeouts), I feel like people would be fine with that.

It's all this "homer or nothing" action that ruins it and makes even a 2.5 hour game seem boring.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I agree with that Michael. A game with lots of action/runners, etc. is exciting, and people can be into it even if it's long.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I agree with that Michael. A game with lots of action/runners, etc. is exciting, and people can be into it even if it's long.
Game 6 of the 2011 World Series. Different situation of course but that game had action from start to finish. One of the best games ever seen I'd say.

SongInTheAir

Hammerhead
Writer
Reaction score
watching Don Mattingly try to use Venditte is going to be hilarious. He can't even figure out how to use relief pitchers who throw with one arm.

Top Bottom