What's new

Marlins still have interest in Peavy...

I am sending Haren a La-Z-Boy. Retire Dan, hang em up

Last edited:

gizmo

Boop
Reaction score
This could also hint towards Eovaldi being dealt.

dim

Muckdog
Reaction score
This could also hint towards Eovaldi being dealt.

Nah. If Haren retires the rotation becomes

Alvarez

Latos

Cosart

Peavy

Eovaldi

Unless the front office feels confident in Koehler being our #5 to start the season AND feel good with our backup options of Hand/Nicolino/whoever, I'd say we need Eovaldi. Koehler becomes one hell of an insurance policy for any pitchers getting injured/performing poorly while also being incredibly useful in the bullpen until then.

Again, this is all under the assumption that Haren retires, and given the circumstances we shouldn't be expecting him to pitch in Miami even if decides to play again anyway (he'll be traded to the West Coast without a doubt).

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
This makes me think Haren is either close to a decision, close to being dealt, or is being pushed by the Marlins to make his decision sooner rather than later.

If Peavy is suddenly attracting more interest he won't be a free agent for long. And if our push for him is dependent on Haren he'd better hurry it up because Peavy isn't gonna wait forever once he gets an offer he likes.

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimaKilo

Muckdog
Reaction score
If he doesn't, we can always trade him to a west coast team for a decent bullpen arm

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Seems like a price we could have done. I hope Haren's indecisiveness didn't hurt us here.

pollythewog

MONEY BAG TIME
Reaction score
Peavey got a NTC. Fish wouldn't and shouldn't of done that.

Plus if the dollars were equal or close, odds are he would choose San Fran anyway. He's close with Bochy. We would've had to overpay to get him

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
True, looks more like a preference for him. And thats fine. But Haren needs to get on the ball already. Probably waiting to see what Mathis gets him for Christmas and make his decision off that.

"WTF? A $10 Starbucks gift card? Forget it Jeff, I'm retiring!"

MiamiNative0722

Muckdog
Reaction score
If this is Loria's idea of spending after that backloaded Stanton contract, I'm disappointed.

ren83

Muckdog
Reaction score
Peavy resigning with the Giants 2y/24M

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom