What's new

Marlins Talk on WQAM

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Turned on WQAM at 4:00 today for the power hour with Mandich and Goldberg. First off, they said that the topic of the day was "What's your favorite Dolphins Moment?". At this point I'm ready to bang my head against the steering wheel in frustration. Football season is over 3 months from starting, and there was an exciting baseball game last night, and this is the "flagship" station of the Marlins. So they talk football for awhile, and then Mandich announces that when they come back from break they're going to talk about last night's Marlins game. Sounds good. Here's what they had to say:
Beginning of talk
Jock sniffing meathead Mandich:...."Exciting game last night. How in the world did the catcher miss that tag. What a slide by Ramirez!"
Fat obnoxious Marlins hating Hank:......"Yeah"
End of Talk

Next caller
More football
We've been over this subject numerous times. There's really nothing to add. Just had to vent. It's still frustrating.

gomarlins9703

Muckdog
Reaction score
sounds like a fun topic!

one answer: dan levitz

and they wonder why they're not #1 any more

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
sounds like a fun topic!

Yep. Gotta love Dan Levitz. Turn the dial over to 790 and forget all about 560.

Beinfest4Prez

Muckdog
Reaction score
sounds like a fun topic!

Yep. Gotta love Dan Levitz. Turn the dial over to 790 and forget all about 560.

It is by far the most entertaining show on radio. Not even just sports radio because it really isn't an exclusively sports show.

sdg210

Muckdog
Reaction score
560 is the worst sports station here. In fact, the are not a sports station they are a football station. I am so glad the marlins will be on 790 next year.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
I have no problem with them talking a lot about the dolphins, but the marlins
definitely need more air time.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am so glad the marlins will be on 790 next year.

That's not certain yet.

AJxAcex34

Muckdog
Reaction score
790 is way better. from Boog, to Sid (the best sports radio talk show host) to even lebastard ( i hate him, but his show is way better then fat hank. and atleast Dan talks about the marlins.

fauowls44

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't remember the last time I listened to 560 for anything other than a Marlins or Panthers game. Once, the Marlins leave that station, I'll probably take it off my presets in my car. Is that really what the topic was? Favorite Dolphin moment?? That sounds like the most boring show ever....what were the other topics of discussion? Marino vs. Montana? Memories of the '72 Dolphins? Why the Orange Bowl was great? It's no wonder that the LeBatard show is beating them in the ratings.

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
More Marlins talk on QAM:
===================

Caller: Mitre is doing great. How many innings does one need to qualify for the ERA lead?

Fat O: I don't know.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
To answer that question if anyone wanted to know....

For the Marlins its... 23 + 25 = 48 innings because we played 48 games and a pitcher has to have atleast the same number of innings as games played. I think Mitre has pitched over 40 innings - let me check.

Okay, Mitre has 47.2 innings pitched. He just missed it by one-third of an inning. Maybe next start he will be qualified.

Top Bottom