What's new

Marlins to issue Stadium Statement on Saturday

"We are moving to Roger Dean Stadium, effective immediately"

I kid, I kid.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Whatever.

I seriously hope no one is getting worked up over this.

FishFan24

Muckdog
Reaction score
"I'm getting a sweet deal in Las Vegas/Portland and we'll be leaving at the end of the season".

Yes I am thinking the worst, but it'll get me worked up if something good does come out of this.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
"I'm getting a sweet deal in Las Vegas/Portland and we'll be leaving at the end of the season".

Yes I am thinking the worst, but it'll get me worked up if something good does come out of this.
Then Wayne sues him for the rest of the 2008 lease and damages. :shifty

lawrenjb

Muckdog
Reaction score
This really can't be anything more than "We're disappointed . . . but we're going to keep working." I think it's fairly obvious that losing this one small piece is not going to make them bring in the moving trucks tonight. And, even if they do have a Plan B already set or close, policitally they can't announce anything like that a day after the session ends. "I know the city and county have been telling you that we need this for the past 3 months, but in reality we had a backup plan all along, we just didn't want to have to put any more money in if we could convince you that you had to give it to us." Add to that the slim possibility that Crist decides to add this to the special session. My guess: we hear about a deal either about 30 days from today, or 30 days from the end of the special session if the stadium issue is at play there.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
its going to be some bulls*** back-peddling, maybe hinting at something happening eventually, statement.
it always is.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
They are going to say words but still manage to say absolutly nothing.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
It kills me to think about my boys leaving town. I really hope we get a stadium soon. *crosses fingers* for some good news.

Baldeagle037

Muckdog
Reaction score
This is just my opinion but I believe if the situation was different such as Broward or Palm Beach along with their major cities Ft.lauderdale or West Palm Beach leading the effort for their own ballpark it would have passed.

I just see so much animosity up north towards The City of Miami it's not even funny.

FishFan24

Muckdog
Reaction score

:mischief So either way, Wayne wins.

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score

:mischief So either way, Wayne wins.

Wayne only wins cause the team leaves but he can't sue them if they leave before 2010 cause as Capey has mentioned on here many a time...every year from here til 2010 is a option year that the team must excercise

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would bet $100 that if we don't have a new stadium by 2015 in 2015 we'll still be playing home games at Dolphin Stadium.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would bet $100 that if we don't have a new stadium by 2015 in 2015 we'll still be playing home games at Dolphin Stadium.
I agree. I'd bet $1000.

They are going to say words but still manage to say absolutly nothing.
Agreed, the only difference is if the words come from Loria or Beinfest it will be palatable. If the midget speaks it will be nauseating.

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
Some thoughts on the Marlins' 5-4 win over the Padres Friday night:

() Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria declined postgame comment on the latest disappointment in Tallahassee. He promised the team would have a statement Saturday, but his upbeat mood -- he was smiling and joking in Fredi Gonzalez's office after the game -- made you wonder if maybe the Marlins don't have a decent Plan B up their sleeve on this stadium thing.
Berardino's blog

It was more of a:

"no comment dood. leave me alone. i'll have somebody give u a comment tomorrow, ok thx."

than a promise of anything earth-shattering.

fauowls44

Muckdog
Reaction score
Here's the Marlins' statement:

"We are very disappointed that the Florida State Legislature was unable to assist Miami-Dade County, the City of Miami and the Florida Marlins in their desire to spur economic development through the construction of a new baseball-only retractable-roof facility in Miami. Starting immediately, we will all begin the process of moving forward to attempt to secure the future of baseball in South Florida."

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/press_...sp&c_id=fla

A whole lot of nothing right there....at least it isn't overly negative.

Top Bottom