Writer
Reaction score
Will it be included with amazon prime?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
No way they wont raise the price of Prime or not make that an add on to your Prime subscription.

Then again its Amazon and they dont run like most companies (i.e. actually make money)

hovertical

LumberKing
Reaction score
Well, publicly saying you want to have a deal with the same people you're with takes away your leverage.

---

I was just saying their argument in the past when they let Tommy and Rich go was that the network dropped them, not the team.
This was literally the first thing I thought when I read that as well - when Tommy was let go (and let's be honest, we knew Rich's time was limited once T Hut was out) it was all a "network decision". Apparently not. We could have kept our beloved duo through these shitty past few years and lessened the blow.

MarlinsFan19

Muckdog
Reaction score
This was literally the first thing I thought when I read that as well - when Tommy was let go (and let's be honest, we knew Rich's time was limited once T Hut was out) it was all a "network decision". Apparently not. We could have kept our beloved duo through these shitty past few years and lessened the blow.
The team could absolutely have kept Rich and T Hut. When the Cubs move their TV broadcasts from NBC Sports Chicago to Marquee they automatically keep their play-by-play and color commentator as long as their under contract with the team. Same with Vin Scully when the Dodgers moved from Fox Sports West and KCAL to Sportsnet LA over half a decade ago.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
The team could absolutely have kept Rich and T Hut. When the Cubs move their TV broadcasts from NBC Sports Chicago to Marquee they automatically keep their play-by-play and color commentator as long as their under contract with the team. Same with Vin Scully when the Dodgers moved from Fox Sports West and KCAL to Sportsnet LA over half a decade ago.
Right, that was always the official line, though - that it was a "network" decision, not the team, even though it was. I had hoped when Jeter & Co. took over, they'd listen to the fans and bring Rich and Tommy back, but that's obviously not happened. Maybe if we continually/constantly email them over and over again about it, they'll change? haha.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
"Before Derek Jeter took over as CEO and part-owner, the Marlins’ former management presented to Jeter a Fox contract extension proposal that called for a rights fee beginning north of $50 million, with some up-front payments in 2019 and 2020, according to a league source.

Jeter told the Marlins not to take that deal and to allow the new ownership to negotiate its own contract, which was understandable. (Every new ownership group should be able to handle negotiations on a key revenue stream.)

What’s unclear now is whether Sinclair is offering that amount, let alone more."

per the herald

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
"Before Derek Jeter took over as CEO and part-owner, the Marlins’ former management presented to Jeter a Fox contract extension proposal that called for a rights fee beginning north of $50 million, with some up-front payments in 2019 and 2020, according to a league source.

Jeter told the Marlins not to take that deal and to allow the new ownership to negotiate its own contract, which was understandable. (Every new ownership group should be able to handle negotiations on a key revenue stream.)

What’s unclear now is whether Sinclair is offering that amount, let alone more."

per the herald
Fingers crossed that we can at least match that deal.

DTrain

LumberKing
Reaction score
The prospect of having to have an Amazon Prime subscription (or any Amazon subscription for that matter) to watch Marlins games is frightening

marlinsmaniac

Muckdog
Reaction score
The prospect of having to have an Amazon Prime subscription (or any Amazon subscription for that matter) to watch Marlins games is frightening
As opposed to getting raped by Comcast/att/directv/etc for a 5 different versions of C-Span and 50 other channels you don’t watch? Yeah I’ll keep my prime subscription lol

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score

per the herald
Wouldn't be shocked if its less.

1) Ratings have been god awful.
2) Sinclair is the devil

DTrain

LumberKing
Reaction score
As opposed to getting raped by Comcast/att/directv/etc for a 5 different versions of C-Span and 50 other channels you don’t watch? Yeah I’ll keep my prime subscription lol
Word. Comcast is garbage.
But you’re dreaming if you think Amazon has your best interest (or America as a whole for that matter) in mind.

marlinsmaniac

Muckdog
Reaction score
Word. Comcast is garbage.
But you’re dreaming if you think Amazon has your best interest (or America as a whole for that matter) in mind.
Oh no, you're 100% right lol I'm waiting for the day an amazon box comes in with a skynet logo instead

Top Bottom