What's new

Martin Released !

marlin2266

Muckdog
Reaction score
Per WQAM, Al Martin was relaesed prior to today's exhibition game with the Expos.

This is a major surprise. I expect it had to do with something off the field.....

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
holy cow.....

he is on probation and does currently have a restraining order against him....

MY NEW PREDICTION: Robert Stratton, if he is still on the team, other wise GW

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's 12:45 pm and they just announced on the Marlins radio broadcast - wow - god I'd love to know the back story on this one.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
WTF?

How can this be? Martin hit his a** off this spring. Something about him not agreeing to a clause they wanted to include in his contract apparently. He didn't want to get into it before the game when Dave Van Horn spoke to him briefly.

I can't wait to hear what the front office has to say for the reasoning behind this... I hate to say it but with this group something always seems to smell fishy.

I'm sure Gerald Williams is now the 6th outfielder. Whoopee.

Maybe it's not that big of a deal, he's just the 6th outfielder. But when a guy comes in and performs like he did, he deserves to make the team. It can't possibly be money-related. Stay tuned. I'm anticipating hearing something really stupid. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
hmmm, I didn't realize he was on probation. Maybe it's off the field stuff. What's his retraining order for?

1truefan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wow...that's shocking...

Ramp...I think Stratton was sent down earlier this week. :(

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ramp...I think Stratton was sent down earlier this week. :(
thanks true

maybe, we are making the move for Greg Vaughn :lol

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
i spoke to mlbradio and they have no official word on why he was released yet

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wow, I just heard the news about Martin. I'm shocked and disappointed. There is definately something "fishy" going on.

Martin had an outstanding Spring and provides a LEFTY bat off the bench. I don't get it.

I wonder if this had something to do with the deal the Marlins cut with Millar & Gerald Williams' agents? Does anyone remeber that story? Supposedly the Marlins signed Williams in order to appease Millars agent in the midst of the Japanese fiasco.

I'd rather keep Stratton than G. Williams.

:mischief2

MasterChief

Muckdog
Reaction score
link

In an unexpected turn of events on Friday, Martin said he was released because he refused to sign a waiver that enables the team to option a player to the minor leagues the first 45 days of the season.

wow if G. Williams makes the team i'm gonna freak out :angry

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Martin should have just signed the waiver...... oh well.... hopefully Gerald Williams will be 4th option for ph late in games behind Red, Castro and Banks

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Stratton is still on the team and he is batting right now..!!!!

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
In an unexpected turn of events on Friday, Martin said he was released because he refused to sign a waiver that enables the team to option a player to the minor leagues the first 45 days of the season.
This is bizarre. I wonder if Brian Banks had to sign the same waiver?

I can't understand why he wouldn't sign it anyway though. The alternative is he has to start all over with another team. And based on his hitting so far he wasn't going to get sent back down.

Strange.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
whats the word im looking for?

oh yea

dumbass

Latest posts

Top Bottom