What's new

Mckeon Ready to Turn Florida Around

Mckeon Ready to Turn Florida Around
By: Josh Clinton
Josh's Columnist Page

A.J Burnett went under the knife. Mark Redman pitched through two innings with a broken thumb. Josh Beckett walked off the field holding his elbow. Michael Tejera limped off the field after hurting his Achilles tendon.

The immediate scapegoat for the lack of production after all this? The firing of Jeff Torborg and Brad Arnsberg, respectively.

After a mediocre season first time round in Florida, both were supposedly to blame for the over use of ace A.J. Burnett that would eventually lead to his "tommy john" surgery, which will most likely bench him 'till 2005.

That may lay the reason for Arnsberg's firing, but Torborg also had a few more reasons for leaving. Several questionable decisions started the original rumors of a one way ticket out of Florida. Once the Franchise started to receive criticism from fans and the media for problems that would lead to the six game losing streak, it became the "cherry on top" that would eventually get him the official boot.

Not only is it the best decision to help the team, but it may have also been the best coach to hire for the situation. McKeon has an extensive history in MLB, and has been known to turn around struggling ball clubs, even while coming in during the season.

It has not been said how long he will be in the Marlins dugout, but it might be possible that McKeon is just a fill in the blank until they can find a manager for the future, because of the fact that McKeon in 72-years-old.

rmarlins

Muckdog
Reaction score
hey guys remenber Darren Daulton, wanted to coach I think he would be a good fit for the fish he was a good leader when he was here players since to listen to him I think he deserve a chance :mischief2

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I thought columns were generally considered a page in length or so....

not a couple of short paragraphs that may take up a 1/4 of a page....

looks more like an AP news blurb.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
It is too short so i cant really see that much Details but it was well written. Keep on writing JC... ;)

Top Bottom