What's new

Meh Game Thoughts

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Discuss.

Bad series. No clutch hitting. No pitching (Except Mitre). Bad fielding.

Good: Looks like Miggy is starting to come alive. All of his hits/outs today were stung. Alfredo also had a good series. Nice to see him with pretty much all the hits this weekend.

Hopefully the Fish will turn things around at Wrigley. This team needs to shake things up... High socks anyone? Didn't it work last year or the year before? We have to start playing as a team.

canada-marlin24

Muckdog
Reaction score
we had a great chance to win 2 of 3 and just get within 5.5 games and we end up 9.5 out

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope everyone who has been talking up Olsen's fiery attitude liked today's game, because this is what comes with it. He had a lead, some things went wrong (fielding, dink and dunk hits), and everything went down hill. Kranitz had to come calm him down on the mound then again once in the dugout. The maturity for Olsen is just not there- he has to be able to overcome adversity, and he gets so down that everything started to pile on. His body language was terrible the last few innings, and how do you think his teammates take that?

I don't mind a fiery pitcher (though I'd rather have an even-keel Tom Glavine or Greg Maddux any day...semed to work for them), but one who can overcome adversity and not get down on himself so visibly when things go wrong.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hate the Mets, if I ever see Mr. Met walking around I will beat him him to death.

When I look at Mr. Met, all I see is pure evil:

CTMarlinsfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hammer had an amazing play...I was in 107 and it was a fun atmosphere out there...but overall and I think this goes for Saturday too, this team just didn't show up...it's like all of the Marlins' players have evil Met fan twins who showed up the past 2 nights...

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well Hermida's 1-13 against the Phillies and now 0-for the weekend certainly isn't helping nor was his defense today. He's sinking so fast Joe Borchard is starting to look good (only kidding :encore don't go ballistic). Sure Joe strikes out alot but so has Hermida, eleven times in the last two series. It's hard to tell which is the real Jeremy Hermida. Let's hope it's a bump in the road but if he hasn't snapped out of it by the end of the roadtrip it might be time to rethink his relative value as an everyday player until he gets his head on straight. Ramirez' 0-fer weekend didn't help the cause and Willingham hasn't had a hit since the first Philly game.

Cold bats. Hot opponent. Someone said we had a chance to win two out of three but you can't play bad defense AND not hit and expect to win anything. As for Olsen, my guess is he's a season away from maturing enough to be great. His stuff is there, his head isn't.

At least everybody's favorite whipping boys, Amezaga (five hits over the weekend) and Olivo (six hits, two homeruns) seem the guys with the hot bats although Cabrera has hit safely in seven of the last eight games and Uggla has shown some promise lately.

Maybe it all comes together in Chicago. Let's hope so.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
ya i'm glad to see Hermida is playing just like last year.

I guess we should blame this on some injury now also.

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well Hermida's 1-13 against the Phillies and now 0-for the weekend certainly isn't helping nor was his defense today. He's sinking so fast Joe Borchard is starting to look good (only kidding :encore don't go ballistic). Sure Joe strikes out alot but so has Hermida, eleven times in the last two series. It's hard to tell which is the real Jeremy Hermida. Let's hope it's a bump in the road but if he hasn't snapped out of it by the end of the roadtrip it might be time to rethink his relative value as an everyday player until he gets his head on straight. Ramirez' 0-fer weekend didn't help the cause and Willingham hasn't had a hit since the first Philly game.

Cold bats. Hot opponent. Someone said we had a chance to win two out of three but you can't play bad defense AND not hit and expect to win anything. As for Olsen, my guess is he's a season away from maturing enough to be great. His stuff is there, his head isn't.

At least everybody's favorite whipping boys, Amezaga (five hits over the weekend) and Olivo (six hits, two homeruns) seem the guys with the hot bats although Cabrera has hit safely in seven of the last eight games and Uggla has shown some promise lately.

Maybe it all comes together in Chicago. Let's hope so.

Actually, Miggy has safely in 10 of his last 11 games (His 9-game hitting streak was snapped last night). But what was really encouraging were his at-bats today. His swing looked grooved.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

yawn

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
This is the worst defensive outfield I have seen since the days of Junior Felix.

Hermida and Amezaga especially have zero range. That Wright ball hung for an eternity and all Hermida could muster was a half-assed dive and Amezaga, don't even get me started...what I wouldn't give for a centerfielder who could just play defense.

Bats suck, situational hitting sucks, defense sucks...quite frankly, we just suck.

It's tough to watch a team and know that they're going to do everything they can to provide its opponent with 3 or 4 runs.

Also, FWIW, the official scoring at the stadium had the throw as an E-4 on Uggla, but with a single and RBI, to me, the error (which allowed Delgado to score) has to be on Boone.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score

yawn

i guess he is just off to a slow start.....

no need to be worried one bit.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
This is the worst defensive outfield I have seen since the days of Junior Felix.

Hermida and Amezaga especially have zero range. That Wright ball hung for an eternity and all Hermida could muster was a half-assed dive and Amezaga, don't even get me started...what I wouldn't give for a centerfielder who could just play defense.

Bats suck, situational hitting sucks, defense sucks...quite frankly, we just suck.

It's tough to watch a team and know that they're going to do everything they can to provide its opponent with 3 or 4 runs.

Also, FWIW, the official scoring at the stadium had the throw as an E-4 on Uggla, but with a single and RBI, to me, the error (which allowed Delgado to score) has to be on Boone.
It's not easy to be optimistic about things. There's not much positives to take away from the Mets series. Maybe Olivo's bat. Also, Amazega...and even Reggie.
But you Swifty have set the negative bar at a level that I don't think Bob Beamon could jump. Congrats.

IrishHarrington

Muckdog
Reaction score
dan uggla's defense leaves alot to be desired what is most frustrating is he has no idea to where to position himself and he has hands of stone.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
dan uggla's defense leaves alot to be desired what is most frustrating is he has no idea to where to position himself and he has hands of stone...
..and he tries to make a play when there isn't one. He did that in the beginning of last year, and then he got better, but now he's doing it again.

Top Bottom