What's new

Might want to remember this date after the season.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Whatever the record is when this season has ended, it may very well come right back down to a point like this. After a home sweep, getting over .500 and confidence brimming, next thing you know, they go out and play a 20-inning marathon, lose, lose the next night to fall back under .500 and then get news that their ace starter is out for the year. It's a pretty good test.

So does this team feel sorry for themselves and stay under .500 for the rest of the season? Or do they rally around one another, does the rotation step up and see Brad Penny and Josh Beckett turn the corner? Can Pavano and Redman continue to outperform expectations? Most importantly, will this team be able to hit enough to win? Pitching was planned to keep them in low-scoring games so they could scratch out some close ones, now they've lost a big part of that pitching.

It's gonna be interesting....

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
hotcorner- i still stand to my prediction at the beginning of the season of 87-75

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
The loss of AJ is huge. I predict they'll be a .500 club maybe a few games over something like 83-79..

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
The loss of AJ is huge. I predict they'll be a .500 club maybe a few games over something like 83-79..
Your prediction is accurate, AJ's lost is bad for us and we need to get some better pitching specially in relief. I Know we will be a little more than .500 or i hope so. We just need to hit with RISP like we hav been doing last game.

My Prediction: 82-80

Top Bottom