What's new

Miguel Cabrera

butchy

Muckdog
Reaction score
Did anybody else notice that Miguel Cabrera played left field in tonights AA game????

Interesting..

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hellz YEA!!!

Another sign pointing toward my theory of Mike Lowell staying...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Did anybody else notice that Miguel Cabrera played left field in tonights AA game????

Interesting..
WAHOOOOOOO

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Great news......I just got back from school and heard about DW performance..

It will be nice to see Lowell at 3b and Cabrera at LF.

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Man thats good news maybe the Marlins are thinking of trading Hollandsworth and start Cabrera and Banks at LF until Cabrera gets used to MLB.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
BEST NEWS ALL YEAR...ALL YOU PEOPLE DOWN ON THE FO BETTER BE WATCHING THIS (including me :banghead ) God I hope we dont trade Mikey and Cabs plays the OF for us!

rmarlins

Muckdog
Reaction score
CABRERA EXPERIMENT

From today Sunsentinel :mischief2
Miguel Cabrera, the Marlins' top prospect, started his first professional game in left field Monday night for Double-A Carolina. Cabrera, normally a third baseman, caught two flyballs without incident in a 3-1 loss to Tennessee.

The experiment could be designed to expedite Cabrera's path to the majors. Entering Monday, Marlins left fielders ranked last in the NL with six home runs. :mischief2

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think he gets called-up during this season at all. Whether it's as a 3B or a LF. Banks would take over the full-time starting role if TH left (PLEASE!), and they would most likely call-up Stratton, Abe Nunez, or Gerald Williams...

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hellz YEA!!!

Another sign pointing toward my theory of Mike Lowell staying...
I dont think so....check this out

Though Florida's Mike Lowell tops a short list of potentially available third basemen, second base has more depth with Boston's Todd Walker, Florida's Luis Castillo, the New York Mets' Roberto Alomar and possibly Montreal's Jose Vidro either available or soon to be available.

However, the only players exciting the Dodgers don't appear to be available in the trade market, unless Evans is willing to overpay to make a deal.

Since the winter meetings, the Dodgers privately spoke of acquiring Lowell. With third baseman Adrian Beltre -- .207 batting average, four homers and 20 RBI -- barely able to hit his weight and not producing runs, those talks are gaining steam, and anxious fans wanting to see the Dodgers improve their offense are waiting for a deal to be made.

Lowell remains a possibility, but the Chicago Cubs might be willing to deal a few more prospects to grab the top-hitting third baseman in baseball, several team officials said.

Evans and Marlins general manager Admin Beinfest have had numerous conversations regarding Lowell, but a deal is far from imminent, or even expected, because the Marlins are giving mixed signals as to whether they will trade Lowell at all.

Lowell, a free agent after the 2004 season and batting .305

Link

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
You still pay attention to this drivvel?

If I believed everything I read, Mike Lowell would have been on more teams that Fred McGriff at this point...

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think he gets called-up during this season at all. Whether it's as a 3B or a LF.
At the very least he will be a September call-up. If Hollandsworth continues to falter and Banks doesn't get the job done - look for him to get the call around the All-Star break.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Banks will do fine...

BUT on the off-chance he doesn't, than you're probably right...

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd like to see Cabrera for a month or two near the end of the season for a cup of coffee. Next year Lowell at 3rd, Cabrera in LF, and Banks can hold down the 1B job until Adrian or Stokes is ready.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd like to see Cabrera for a month or two near the end of the season for a cup of coffee. Next year Lowell at 3rd, Cabrera in LF, and Banks can hold down the 1B job until Adrian or Stokes is ready.
Sounds good to me.......

Top Bottom