What's new

Miguel Cotto Vs Zab Judah

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well it's not exactly Mayweather Vs De La Hoya but another major fight is upon us this weekend at the Garden.

It's the puerto rican hero, and arguably the next major breakout boxing star Miguel Cotto Vs former Undisputed Welterweight champion, and Brooklyn native Zab Judah at the garden the night before the Puerto Rican day parade. The energy in that arena is going to be absolutely incredible and it should be this is a very interesting matchup.

Cotto's been brought along very slowly but has built up a great reputation about Puerto Rican fans and he is now ready to become a major star. He has one of the greatest body attacks in a long time and this will have to serve him well to slow down Zab Judah. Cotto has seemingly begun to hit his stride in his career recently dominating top 10 contenders in the likes of Carlos Quintana and Oktay Urkal. Cotto for awhile their looked like he was more hype than product but I'm confident in that body attack.

Zab, as many know was banned from the sport for a year due to his part in the brawl that took place between he and the Floyd Mayweather camp a year ago. Zab needs this fight if he is going to remain relevant in the sport and he certainly has the speed to build up an early lead against the powerful Cotto.

However, my final prediction is that Cotto who is absolute bull in the ring will dominate the later rounds on his way to a close but clear cut decesion in front of an absolutely hyped crowd. Cotto is very much the next hope for boxing in terms of a mainstream star and he very may well be the only guy around Mayweather who can beat him in the near future(He's not their yet but he's one of the few fighters who presses and yet still has polished boxing skills)

Anyway, defiantly a fight worth checking out this Saturday night.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
However, my final prediction is that Cotto who is absolute bull in the ring will dominate the later rounds on his way to a close but clear cut decesion in front of an absolutely hyped crowd. Cotto is very much the next hope for boxing in terms of a mainstream star and he very may well be the only guy around Mayweather who can beat him in the near future(He's not their yet but he's one of the few fighters who presses and yet still has polished boxing skills)

Anyway, defiantly a fight worth checking out this Saturday night.

Should be a good fight but I think Judah wins. Judah will be too fast and will be connecting left hooks all night. Cotto hasn't faced anyone near as good as Zab.

I still am dying to see a Ricky Hatton-Mayweather fight.

Mets_bs

Muckdog
Reaction score
I guess I want Judah, only just because I'm tired hearing how great Miguel Cotto is. I don't think Judah will win however, he doesn't enough power to hurt Cotto -- and we've seen how Cotto has issues with big punchers.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'll be watching.

I'm rooting for Cotto, since I'm from Puerto Rico.

With that said, I'm not sold on Cotto and I don't think he would ever reach greatness. I have watched all his fights, and he has looked very vulnerable. Too many times

I hope, I'm proven wrong

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well I just put my order in...

After the weigh in both fighters looked very good but what really struck out is how good Cotto looked. Cotto though never out of shape usually does not come into a fight that cut up, I'm not saying he packs a gut but he's not say Marvin Hagler.
Well at the weigh in yesterday he looked lean and ripped and that really tells me how serious he's taking this fight.

I wish I could be there tonight because the energy in that place will be rocking, but I still stand with my pick Zab takes the first three or four rounds before Cotto's body work really takes hold and I predict Zab is going to be out of there by the 10th or 11th round.

Mets_bs

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good call Rune. Typical Cotto with the low blows early, but he did well and really laid into Judah. I'd like to see him face Carlos Baldomir next, providing Baldomir gets past Vernon Forrest next month.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Gracias. Yeah, I liked what I saw out of Cotto. I don't know as much about Baldomir I think he'd take him out pretty easy. The Margarito fight would be interesting but I don't think Margarito will make it because I think he will lose to Paul Williams.

A Paul Williams fight would be very interesting given his incredible size and abilities. I would actually take Williams in that fight.

Obviously a mega fight would be Cotto Vs Mosely but it won't happen because of the feud between Golden Boy and Top Rank which is a real shame because it's a hell of an interesting fight and would probably score upwards of 600,000 buys.

Mets_bs

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Baldomir presents a challenge that Cotto hasn't really faced -- a tough, physical fighter that won't let Cotto push him around. Plus he may have the best chin in the welterweight division. I think it would be a great match-up.

Top Bottom