What's new

Mike Lowell...!

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
And if you want, will he make the HR derby?

I say 31-35 HR and WILL, yes in fact WILL make the HR derby...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
31-35 and if right now he should be in the derby, but he isnt a HR hitter....he may not do well.....

who GAF anyway?...let's hope he is still in Teal

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well last year Sexon and Hunter were in it with hot starts, and didn't even get over 30, so Lowell has a very good chance... And he's always been a doubles hitter, but could those doubles be turning into HR now...? It may be a lil too late, but it could be happening... :mischief2

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
y make him go to HR derby ? not like he ganna beat Bonds , A-Rod , Dunn etc

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
why not?

why play baseball games?

why do anything?

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
why not?

why play baseball games?

why do anything? y not ? because he not better than A -Rod nor Bonds

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
of course he isnt...

but you get pitches right down the middle, anyone with homerun power can win it if they get hot.....

*your honor, the defense rests*

Dante_evil

Muckdog
Reaction score
I say 35-40 maybe more if he keeps this up in the 2nd half of the season

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
You're exactly right. You think Torri Hunter can beat them? It's just a matter of having a member honering your team there...

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
i know what u mean... But there no way in hell Lowell would beat Bonds or A-Rod in a HR derby. * THINK * if u know baseball than u know that will not happened.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
how many HR derby's have ARod and Bonds won????

thanks and good night.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
how many HR derby's have ARod and Bonds won????

thanks and good night.
Exactly. I don't think Lowell will win, but that's not the principle of the matter. The principle is what counts. The fact that you have someone from your team there in the first place...

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
i know what u mean... But there no way in hell Lowell would beat Bonds or A-Rod in a HR derby. * THINK * if u know baseball than u know that will not happened.
So your saying Burnitz is a great player. Because he did really well in Boston.

Get your facts straight or maybe I don't know baseball like you even though your prediction of 87-92 wins is not looking too good.

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
I went with 26-30 HR. I think Lowell has 13, yes, but that still isnt half way to 30 - and I know we are not near half way into the season yet either. But there are other factors:
1) Lowell has never hit over 30 let alone high 20's.
2) Lowell is hot right now, he was hot last year before the AS break. Then Floyd got traded and he struggled with little protection. I like Lowell a lot (more than Rolen, yep, thats right, I said it!) but I dont expect him to keep up this pace. But he is improving every season and that is enough for me.

There is likely reasons to think Lowell may keep this up though too:
1) He is becoming a better hitter with experience.
2) He had a crap-load of doubles last year which may be blossoming into HRs.
3) He is doing what he is with little protection in the lineup right now, and if Lee is traded that certainly wont change!

I am buying low, but will sell high.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I went with 26-30 HR. I think Lowell has 13, yes, but that still isnt half way to 30 - and I know we are not near half way into the season yet either. But there are other factors:
2) Lowell is hot right now, he was hot last year before the AS break. Then Floyd got traded and he struggled with little protection. I like Lowell a lot (more than Rolen, yep, thats right, I said it!) but I dont expect him to keep up this pace. But he is improving every season and that is enough for me.

3) He is doing what he is with little protection in the lineup right now, and if Lee is traded that certainly wont change!

Who is scare of Lee?If anything teams would love to see Lee at the Plate with game on the line and runners in scoring position.He doesn't bring fear to any pitcher out there.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score

You say Lowell was hott last year and did bad when Cliffy left, but your wrong. Lowell had a higher average at this time, but had 14 HR AT the AS break last year and has that NOW! He declined in the second half because he had a REALLY horrible hip bruise and refused to go on the DL. He hit about . 180 something in the second half because of it.

Top Bottom