What's new

Mike Maroth

BIG Z

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Marlins were interested in him when the Cards released him on October. I doubt anything will happen here, but if we don't want to rush Volstad we can send Miller down and give this guy a shot (although he's been stinking it up).

mdmarlinsfan7

Muckdog
Reaction score
the brewers just released turnbow...might be something to look into for an extra arm if we can get him to sign a minor league deal

Rydawg

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Marlins were interested in him when the Cards released him on October. I doubt anything will happen here, but if we don't want to rush Volstad we can send Miller down and give this guy a shot (although he's been stinking it up).

I'd rather give Waechter a shot.

fanofthefish

Marlins Historian
Reaction score
While we're at it the Royals released Nomo, the Pirtates cut Morris. There's a reason these guys are getting cut.

djm305

Muckdog
Reaction score
While we're at it the Royals released Nomo, the Pirtates cut Morris. There's a reason these guys are getting cut.

So out rotation could be BKim, Nomo, Maroth, Morris, Hendrickson.... too hell with the young guys!

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
the brewers just released turnbow...might be something to look into for an extra arm if we can get him to sign a minor league deal
I really wish we had room in the bullpen because Turnbow has amazing stuff.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would like to give Maroth a shot. We need at least one more veteran arm in the rotation until some of our guys on the DL come back.

Backin2008

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just say no to Maroth or Turnbow. Maroth should thank God that he's a lefty because that is the only reason some team will give him another chance. I hate walks so I wouldn't let Turnbow anywhere near the Marlins roster.

Metalmilitia931

Muckdog
Reaction score
How about giving Morris a shot? He still has about 5 years left in him and he should give a great vetera presence. Maroth was never a great pitcher but was solid, and let's not forget he had 21 losses in 2003. Nomo played this year with the Royals and the last he played was with the D-Rays in '05 so he's been out for nearly 3 years, plus his 40th birthday is in August and the Marlins don't want a 40 year old to be in the bullpen when someone like Henry Owens or Joe Nelson can be there. Turnbow just probably needs some time off to regroup and get some confidence and he should be with someone by June.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd give anyone who start a shot, we really need a solid starter.

30plus

Muckdog
Reaction score
How about giving Morris a shot?

No, no, no and no again. I'm too lazy to retype my argument on this issue again, but if you're interested enough its in the Morris thread under Major League Baseball. God....just the thought of another crappy veteran suggestion makes me sick. :thumbdown

LordMagnus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd like to see the Marlins try and acquire Maddux. He can still pitch and he has knowledge to share.

EricWiener

Muckdog
Reaction score
If we think these guys are attractive pitching acquisition possibilities... each and every one of the registered users of this site could also be signed to suck really bad on the mound as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom