What's new

Millar is a redsox

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
After talks with major league baseball officials, the Dragons released him Friday for an undisclosed payment, the commissioner's office said. ESPN.com's Peter Gammons reported on Friday that the Red Sox would pay the Marlins between $1.35 and $1.5 million for Millar. Neither the Marlins nor the Red Sox released dollar figures.

I can't belive they would give Millar to the Red Sox's for $1.5 million... let hope it's for more money

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
so the marlins essentially are being raped.

what fun.

G

The Red Sox basically bent the Marlins over and had their way with them...

Nice deal. :plain

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just another + for Theo.

He is going to be a great Gm, and who is going to care if he breaks these "aggrements" doing it.

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
For 1.3-1.5 million the marlins are showing the red sox are the only buyers and the red sox just took advantage of them.

B

BroknArrw

In todays market, some players will be had for money so teams can get rid of salary. Shame the Yankees won't deal with Theo like that.

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I dont understand why people are more upset about this now then when he was sold to the team in Japan. Were getting the same amount of money we got from the Japanese team originally, so to the Marlins, theres no difference than if he agreed to play in Japan.

G

Ross: Because now it's to another MLB Team when before it was at least a team from Japan. At least that's how I see it...

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree with Admin ross, the marlins are even getting more money not much but it is more money in return. The problem is he is going to a to a team in MLB that is for sure a contender.

Marlins4lyf

Muckdog
Reaction score
We gave the Redsox Kevin and they gave us 1.5 Million and then the marlins ware so stpuid and they gave they city of Miami 300,000 out of the 1.5 mill they got. To me that seems kinda stupid?

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
The difference between what the Marlins got from Red Sox and what they got originally from the Japanese team ($300,000) went to the Florida Marlins Charitable Foundation, not the city of Miami. I read in one article that amount came from Millar himself. I guess sort of as a goodwill gesture for all the problems that this has created.

marlin2266

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just wait til Theo trys to sneak, say, Trot Nixon thru waivers for a late deal this summer. Benifest will be all over that one.......

Theo will pay for his sins

scotgif

Muckdog
Reaction score
Couldn't we have re-signed Kevin and then traded him? Was that an option?

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Couldn't we have re-signed Kevin and then traded him? Was that an option?
Well no because the marlins needed the 1.5 million the red sox gave them because they were over the budget and needed that money.

Top Bottom